+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Derby County v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Derby County v Barnsley

Not a great record of late at Pride Park , can't remember the last point or even win .

But hey ho let's be positive , we are unbeaten away from home and Derby aren't that great a deal even at this level .

Not only that a good HC gets a response after last Friday's let's say disappointing performance and result .

Any other dodgy stick fans like myself , it's Rams TV not ifollow on Saturday , build up starts at 2pm I believe .

I think we beat them 2-0 in covid times if my memory serves me well.

Im thinking we'll come unstuck in this one as our recent performances have been average at best.

Perhaps the news of El Ahmad leaving has upset the lads and they just might not be up for it

or

Maybe they rejoice at the news and turn Derby over!

Hope we keep the unbeaten record.

Last victory at Pride Park was under Val. 2 nowt during lockdarn but you're right, it hasn't been a happy hunting ground over the years.

I'd be happy with a point and that's what I've gone for on predictions thread. Unfortunately I fear our very creditable unbeaten away record may well fall on setdy.

Well am off to Derby tomorrow. Last minute decision but £20 match ticket and £20 return on the choo choo not to be sneezed at. Couple o beers via Sheffield Tap and off to Pride Park. Cheap day art really.

Looking at the stats of both teams, our away form and their home form, there's not been many goals conceded. I think it could a cagey affair. I'd tekka point nar.

2200+ tickets sold. Should be a good atmosphere. Looking forrard to it.
    Last edited by pass_and_move; 10-11-2023 at 06:24 PM.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Collins lines up the team without his favourite midfield player.
    Team:
    …………….. Killip
    ….. Williams, Mael, Shepherd
    Cotter - Russell - Styles - Cadden
    …… McAtee - Cole - Fabio

Let’s move the ball quicker to a front 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Well am off to Derby tomorrow. Last minute decision but £20 match ticket and £20 return on the choo choo not to be sneezed at. Couple o beers via Sheffield Tap and off to Pride Park. Cheap day art really.

Looking at the stats of both teams, our away form and their home form, there's not been many goals conceded. I think it could a cagey affair. I'd tekka point nar.

Enjoy the day Pass pretty reasonable that .

I went on the train when we played Derby in the PL which was the second ever game at the stadium .

Pretty decent supping before the game and we didn't encounter any problems with the locals .

Different story after the game , proper going off .

Long time ago now mind but it wasn't pleasant .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Enjoy the day Pass pretty reasonable that .

I went on the train when we played Derby in the PL which was the second ever game at the stadium .

Pretty decent supping before the game and we didn't encounter any problems with the locals .

Different story after the game , proper going off .

Long time ago now mind but it wasn't pleasant .
    Av bin darn theear aif a dozen times and if I'm being honest, the fun pubs around the stadium are a bit naff imo. Go into city centre and its mostly home fans only. Going it alone though tomorrow so getting in boozers ain't a problem. However, a dunt drink wi scabs and there's history as you say. Mi cousin got done over bi baseball bats in the 90s and gorriz arm brock. Games moved on since then thankfully.

I'm gonna arrive in Derby at around 2 o'clock so ain't gonna have time for a proper rinse. Just want to take in the match to be honest with a more clear head. As I say, last minute decision to break my otherwise boring weekends up :-)

I know it sounds sh*it, but Id Tap (take a point) right now if I/we could.
    A draw in this game would be good, and it might prove a few things.

Neill n Jon's Red and White Army,
    Neill n Jon's Red and White Army.

The first decent away team opposition since Wigan, where we put in our best away performance of the season according to fans who go to most away games.
    Another fine performance required with Neill n Jon's team selection, organisation, match tactics and substitutions needing to be spot on to counter Paul Warne's Derby team.
    Being happy to be eating humble pie at 5-00 pm I am going for Derby to shade it and move onto equal points to Barnsley in the Third Division table. As always the first goal may well decide the eventual winners.

Enjoy the game Pass.

Go Well Neill n Jon's Men's Team.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 11-11-2023 at 07:00 AM.

Have a good day Pass.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast