+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    For me Goodwin showed them to much respect , didn’t press high up the pitch was happy to stay in our shape when they had the ball . Our home form is a worry and for me , we should be changing or game plan and going after teams at Tannadice , teams sit deeper and there is less room to move the ball quicker , he needs a plan B
    Too many long balls, not brave enough to get the ball down and pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And sorry but Tony Watt can phuck right off. Mochrie was miles better while he was on.
    Loads of us just looked in disbelief when Mochrie was subbed. Unreal.

I've got to say though if that's the 2 best teams in the league then Notso is 100% correct that this is the worst championship in years because the quality from both teams was poor. A draw would have been fair but if we want to have any ambition to win this league then we need at least 2 players in in January. Raith Rovers are average but have momentum now so don't expect them to drop too many points because this league is absolute 5hite.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Loads of us just looked in disbelief when Mochrie was subbed. Unreal.

I've got to say though if that's the 2 best teams in the league then Notso is 100% correct that this is the worst championship in years because the quality from both teams was poor. A draw would have been fair but if we want to have any ambition to win this league then we need at least 2 players in in January. Raith Rovers are average but have momentum now so don't expect them to drop too many points because this league is absolute 5hite.
    Thought he would have Tilson off for Watt , yea need at least a couple in January

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    For me Goodwin showed them to much respect , didn’t press high up the pitch was happy to stay in our shape when they had the ball . Our home form is a worry and for me , we should be changing or game plan and going after teams at Tannadice , teams sit deeper and there is less room to move the ball quicker , he needs a plan B
    Too right. Need to break out out of the 4-2-3-1

Raith actually do switch between different formations mid match

Having had time to think and calm down after another disappointment I reckon we will likely scrape over the line and win this god forsaken horrible league because Raith are not a great side and will hit a bad spell soon. We are poor at the moment and need to get our mojo back together with a couple of half decent signings to make the rest of the season bearable. The playoffs would be a nightmare so winning the damn thing is imperative.

Many have said before that you need a team to get you out of this division and a totally different team to survive and make progress in the Premier. That surely would apply to us because I can't see many of our current team making the kind of team we need in the Premier. And I know this divides the support but I for one would not like to see Goodwin still in charge next season whatever the league we end up in.

Apart from being extremely pissed off I'm a bit lost for words today. How can we not get a top performance from this team?
    Is it the players lack of quality?
    Is it the manager?
    We've dropped off a cliff and I can't understand why.
    Scunnered.

Still of the same option as yesterday, nothing in the game, showed them a wee bit too much respect to begin, we had more of the play and chances despite that, an avoidable goal settled it, draw would have been fair, we badly miss Docherty and apparently was an illness that kept him out and Glass so a bit unfortunate timing

Only thing for it is to go down to Glasgow and beat Queen's Park and without the need for stoppage time pens and the like, just get back on track, get the confidence back as the league is there to be won (and not forget half the summer predictions had us mid table), they will drop pts, they aren't that good and still think we will finish above them

We need to reinforce a bit in January though that is clear to help us when injures/illness etc hit certain areas

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Apart from being extremely pissed off I'm a bit lost for words today. How can we not get a top performance from this team?
    Is it the players lack of quality?
    Is it the manager?
    We've dropped off a cliff and I can't understand why.
    Scunnered.
    This. Same as last season when Goodwin needed 5 cup final performances. We got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Still of the same option as yesterday, nothing in the game, showed them a wee bit too much respect to begin, we had more of the play and chances despite that, an avoidable goal settled it, draw would have been fair, we badly miss Docherty and apparently was an illness that kept him out and Glass so a bit unfortunate timing

Only thing for it is to go down to Glasgow and beat Queen's Park and without the need for stoppage time pens and the like, just get back on track, get the confidence back as the league is there to be won (and not forget half the summer predictions had us mid table), they will drop pts, they aren't that good and still think we will finish above them

We need to reinforce a bit in January though that is clear to help us when injures/illness etc hit certain areas
    No not illness.

Glass: knee
    doch : Hammy think
    Watt is also nursing a groin issue thats why he is not starting games

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    When is the last time if ever we have strengthened in a January window? Notoriously difficult, that's not to say we shouldn't be trying. It's hard to turn round a squad in one transfer window following a relegation. A successful Jan window in recent times has not been losing players, no worries on that front at present. The only time I can remember us making a difference is when Alex Smith was manager and he brought in the likes of Charlie Miller, Jim Lauchlan and Derek Lilley, and that's so long ago I don't even think transfer windows were in place then!
    I liked the old transfer system where if you had the means you could go out and buy a player or two throughout the season. If a bid came in for one of your players you could decide if you would entertain it or not. Then you could get players you had been actively scouting and not be pressured into this bs business of TWs. Transfer deadline day was in the latter part of the season and it worked well. Having to watch games with the same personnel when you know freshening it up would help but restricted by TWs is short-changing fans.

This having five subs in a match is also bs. European games are now in a league format, is it any better? VAR holds up the games and the decisions from that are sometimes wtf. Reserve league football binned or if engaged not played at proper grounds and fans not getting into watch these games.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)