+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are we liking farkeball?

Are we liking farkeball?

For the most part I'd say yes! The attacking threat we have is mental at this level, Summerville and James with Gnonto and Anthony as backups all look capable of causing havoc, Piroe and Rutter with Bamford and Gelhardt as backups is also good squad depth, Ampadu Gray Kamara and Shackleton again superb central midfield depth, fullbacks Spence when he comes back, ayling backup, gray and shacks can dep their too, Byram, with again shacks backing up, and Dallas to eventually come back, I think we might get Kai Wagner in January and Firpo will go to Betis, that then allowing Byram to play on either side, Struijk and Rodon with Cooper and Cresswell as backups, and then Meslier with shacks, nah just kidding lol, with klaesson and Darlow backing him up, the squad depth is lovely, the football being played is nice on the eye, and we are winning games, plus Farke is showing his championship experience, it's clear to see what's going on and if the current top 2 hadn't started like their lives depended on it we'd be top right now

Good times I reckon! MOT!!!

Yes
    I do think we have a stronger squad than MB ever had in the championship. However he has us playing very good

Yes from me - especially compared to cowboy chaos ball.

I the new ownership and no Orta probably helps.

He speaks well. Players seem to like him and play for him. Style is good and whilst we attack we look more solid defensively (especially when we have all the first choices playing).

He seems to be good at bringing on players - Rutter, Jimmy, Struijk and Meslier all look good this season.

Only minor concern is what we have discussed on other threads progression of younger players and game time.

Generally, it's a yes from me, he's articulate without running off at the mouth, protective of his players, has them believing in themselves again and playing as a solid unit, with lots of evidence that they will back up their team mates when and where necessary. Great to see Struijk and Meslier gaining in confidence just about every match, Rutter (apart from having clay boots when it comes to shooting) has been a revelation, and combining with an on-fire Summerville (and sometimes with Gnonto, although he really does need to step up a gear rather than just running around a lot (shades of Sacko!), there are real teeth in our offence.

I say "generally" as his substitutions puzzle, to say the least. they were spot on against Leicester, but very very "unusual" against Plymouth, and these aren't the only occasions where such conundrums apply.

Also, when you see how well Gray performed yesterday (and has performed previously), there must be some strength to the argument that others who have done equally well but with fewer opportunities so far be given more 1st team game time (Cresswell, able to earn an U21 international call up whilst not featuring even on the 1st team bench, Joseph scoring for fun ditto, Hjelde consigned to other duties despite his 1st team appearances showing clear superiority over the likes of Firpo, etc).

That all having been said, we're playing attractive football very similar to the Bielsa days (and winning!) and we're only a third of the way through the season, so time to do lots more!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)