+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Falkirk SPFL Trust Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    You don't know if he'll play them, he made a couple changes at Peterhead, used the squad, plenty subs

There is 8 days between Falkirk and QotS games, it's likely it'll be same as previous rounds

Which btw I feel benefitted us as it happened, after peterhead we went and thumped thistle on their patch, they had not played in a fortnight
    Aye, one of the first subs required was because Docherty picked up an injury!
    🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Aye, one of the first subs required was because Docherty picked up an injury!
    🙈
    That was the Airdrie game. Three games after Peterhead.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    That was the Airdrie game. Three games after Peterhead.
    I think Stoke’s meaning that Docherty was one of the subs up at Peterhead. Albeit it was very late on (not one of the first subs) but he did go off injured up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I think Stoke’s meaning that Docherty was one of the subs up at Peterhead. Albeit it was very late on (not one of the first subs) but he did go off injured up there.
    Possibly aye. Was a very late sub though as you say.

I think this tournament has been handy to get the players' games, grow confidence, and build fitness. It has served its purpose up until now. I would like to think that it will continue to be played in the same vein, building fitness, building confidence, and giving some of the fringe players game time. Moult and Docherty are probably our 2 most important players... so I would, at this point, be wrapping them in cotton wool. The game should be played like a preseason game, working on shape, trying out different formations etc. It would be a nice wee side peoject of we were to win it...but I wouldn't be too bothered if we went out. I have 100% trust in JG!

It has been useful, no doubt, especially with the fixtures falling in the international break.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It has been useful, no doubt, especially with the fixtures falling in the international break.
    You're right Terry, not having free weeks has helped our momentum #unbeateninseven****
    If we do get past Falkirk the semi is Feb 3/4 and if we win that the final is Mar 23/24 and neither is a free week.
    However I'm sure we'll have all but wrapped up the league title by the end of January

So often teams go into a break and come out on a different run of form. We've been able to continue our good run of form by playing every week. Of course, we run the risk of injury, but players could get injured at any point throughout the season. If we weren't playing these games, we'd maybe arrange a closed doors friendly and the injury could happen then.

In Jim we trust.

I'm going to go with the majority view here and hope for the best. Not a hill to die on!

When the players are running round with that Cup I'll YouTube '94 and 2010 😎

Players could get injured at training. It's just one of these things a club needs to deal with during a season. I'd imagine most players would rather play a match than just train at this time. 🤔

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)