+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Falkirk SPFL Trust Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’ve seen a couple of things flying about on forums and social media claiming that JG is desperate to have a ‘trophy’ on his CV and this is the prime reason for fielding teams with first teamers in this tinpot tournament. All absolute made up nonsense obviously.
    F*ck sake. 😂😂😂😂

I'm sure it's always been an ambition of his to have the Diddy Cup on his mantlepiece.

Well I'm absolutely gutted......Ando blew it🫣🎯🎯

A poor performance

Shows how much we need Docherty and Gallagher

Probably the least disappointed I’ve ever been after a United defeat

Glad we are out of this cup before it started clashing with league fixtures.

Keen for Scottish cup next week and promotion as champions is the absolute must this season

Cannot take any chances we have to win the league

Yes as long as we perform better next week in the cup then this won't really be a consequence

In fact it's an extra game for Raith to think about

They also have a tough Fife Derby to come next week in the Scottish before visiting Inverness I think and I notice they play Arbroath in their game in hand the Wed night before coming to Tannadice on the Sat while we have a free midweek

Can maybe take advantage of that, I feel it helped Inverness at Tannadice the fact we'd been at Airdrie mid week while they prepared for us all week

I don't understand why the more experienced left footed centre out of Ross and Holt, so Holt, wouldn't get the job of being on the right side? His experience should carry him through instead of the young being put in that position.

They wanted it more than us, hounded us from the KO, fully deserved their win. Warning to us, go to QOS next week on plastic, you need to be up for it or we out of 2 cups in a week, feel good factor burned!

Bigger game next week, no comparison to the obvious target tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    I don't understand why the more experienced left footed centre out of Ross and Holt, so Holt, wouldn't get the job of being on the right side? His experience should carry him through instead of the young being put in that position.
    Or rest Holt instead and keep the centre half pairings on their natural sides. Holts not the player he's made out to be imo. I stand by my opinion a few weeks ago that he isn't Premiership standard. He's made a few mistakes lately, not least the pass back last night. I do feel he could do with a rest. Graham would be absolutely fine on the left.

Holt is a goal that too though, at this level. Defence wise, I agree about Graham.

On top of playing Graham out of position, last night again showed what Gallagher brings to the table. It was the same at Raith when he went off injured with 15 mins or so to go - we’d been composed at the back and then suddenly after his loss we were struggling to deal with even the simplest punts in to the box. Out of Holt and Gallagher, the latter is definitely the one we can utilise next season, IF we get promoted.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)