+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your next Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I've mentioned him a few times, would certainly generate some interest in Rotherham.
    Getting John Terry would be like getting Emily’s Hughes again - might even play for us as he did?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    That's probably going to prove to be correct. I've said on here before, just over a year ago we were on an upward trajectory and arguably the most attractive proposition for a new manager that we've ever been. The best manager we could attract at that point, with all due respect to him, was Matt Taylor. We're probably all living on another planet discussing some of the names we are doing considering the position we're in at the minute.
    MS, flipping the coin. You’re correct that at the time of taking on Matt Taylor, and being in a very good position in the Championship. all the names we talk of now were all in employment elsewhere hence why we couldn’t attract anyone.

Now we’re in the mire and a lot are available, they show signs they haven’t got the bottle for a scrap so do we really need that type of person at our club?

According to the Tiser we’ve interviewed Liam R and Mark W this week.
    MW won’t be joining us

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Yesterday Warbuton and now John Terry. At least Warburton could bring the crumpet!
    But see the face you love light up with Terry..!.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Clarkey, I’m currently on manoeuvres ✈️ 😎🍺🍷😎 so no contact as of yet.
    Well that’s just not on I”m afraid,I mean who else would just jet off somewhere at such a crucial time….🤔..

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    According to the Tiser we’ve interviewed Liam R and Mark W this week.
    MW won’t be joining us
    Rowett won't be either https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...bLuPiNWNdcPa3Q

I think deep down we all knew from day one it would probably end up being Richardson.

Rowett won't be either https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...bLuPiNWNdcPa3Q

I think deep down we all knew from day one it would probably end up being Richardson.
    There seems to be quite a few on here that are opposed to Richardson, I don't know why I think he is a good option all things considered. We know he can do it at L1 level and that is where we are likely to be next season. The fact that others said no, is just life it doesn't mean that our next choice is going to be the wrong choice or a worse manager. I think it is important to get someone in, that has been out of work and is keen and driven, someone that wants to succeed and make his name again.

One potential candidate did a Duff job at Swansea.
    He could be introduced to the East Enders theme:
    “Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff Duff.
    Michael Duff has got the job
    That's the easy part he must keep it going
    Anyone can get this job
    Over the years we just keep on moaning
    Sun and rain
    Joy and pain
    There's highs - more lows
    but like the runs we still keep on going”

Quote Originally Posted by JGalt View Post
    There seems to be quite a few on here that are opposed to Richardson, I don't know why I think he is a good option all things considered. We know he can do it at L1 level and that is where we are likely to be next season. The fact that others said no, is just life it doesn't mean that our next choice is going to be the wrong choice or a worse manager. I think it is important to get someone in, that has been out of work and is keen and driven, someone that wants to succeed and make his name again.
    I'm not opposed to him, I just think compared to some names mentioned and the talk from TS about high calibre championship managers having applied then Richardson will be pretty underwhelming to many. Not his fault though. Let's be honest though, most of our manager appointments and player signings are initially underwhelming, but they have to be given time to show what they can (or can't) do.

I'm not opposed to him, I just think compared to some names mentioned and the talk from TS about high calibre championship managers having applied then Richardson will be pretty underwhelming to many. Not his fault though. Let's be honest though, most of our manager appointments and player signings are initially underwhelming, but they have to be given time to show what they can (or can't) do.
    I agree

Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast