+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Hosham v Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The lads I’ve seen - Shepherd, Mael and Lopata have all impressed me.
    Williams has also impressed me at centre back this season.
    However - we lacked height and strength at the back against Derby.
    If we could have wheeled Cundy out for that game to deal with that threat then I don’t think Derby would have scored.
    But as a footballer - Cundy isn’t as good on the floor as Shepherd, Mael and Lopata.
    Those lads might impress you but more to the point they impress opposition forwards especially when they visit Oakwell , four times already we have concede 3 goals at fortress Oakwell , Cundy is not available so I will ask you again , where is the cover for our struggling defence you say we have ? you may have to phone a friend for this one Nudger because we havn"t got any cover & that is why we will not progress this season .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Those lads might impress you but more to the point they impress opposition forwards especially when they visit Oakwell , four times already we have concede 3 goals at fortress Oakwell , Cundy is not available so I will ask you again , where is the cover for our struggling defence you say we have ? you may have to phone a friend for this one Nudger because we havn"t got any cover & that is why we will not progress this season .
    Parekh will have a Plan B that he has been working on for months in case Plan A went pear-shaped.

Loan players, big lads to go in defence from Luton and Coventry, brought in in January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    It weren't that long ago - under Hecky - that we had just one striker - Tommy Tappit Bradshaw.

We play 3 at the back.
    And available in that position (when fit) are
    Williams
    Lopata
    McCarthy
    Cundy
    Shepherd
    Mael
    McCart
    Seven players to play in 3 positions.
    All of them very capable at this level in this league.
    So how many players for that position do you want ???

It weren't that long ago - under Hecky - that we had just one striker - Tommy Tappit Bradshaw.

We play 3 at the back.
    And available in that position (when fit) are
    Williams
    Lopata
    McCarthy
    Cundy
    Shepherd
    Mael
    McCart
    Seven players to play in 3 positions.
    So how many players for that position do you want ???
    For a start two of those have been long term injuries Cundy & McCarthy with Leopato also missing for a fair while, one of those listed is a wing back , so we have 4 players for 3 places to which one is a loan player who is struggling & the other 3 are novices & not yet up to standard , I suggest you have another look at our options & they are thin on the ground to say the least & nowhere last seasons standard .

It's the upper level of the league. the direct opponents for promotion, when they and others struggle--

Oxford 1-3
    Portsmouth 2-3
    Peterborough 1-3
    Derby 0-3

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's the upper level of the league. the direct opponents for promotion, when they and others struggle--

Oxford 1-3
    Portsmouth 2-3
    Peterborough 1-3
    Derby 0-3
    I believe the style of play has changed.
    Some (EyUpandDown etc) on Twitter are saying the style of play has changed and they don’t like it.
    Loads on BBS are saying the same.
    But most (all?) on here are saying it’s nowt to do with the changing style - it’s the players fault.

Admittedly there is a case against Derby - but that’s because the player that could have helped IMO was out injured.
    But other than that - it’s not the players fault.
    Supporters need to look deeper than just looking at the players.

Some (EyUpandDown etc) on Twitter are saying the style of play has changed and they don’t like it.
    But most (all?) on here are saying it’s nowt to do with the changing style - it’s the players fault.

Admittedly there is a case against Derby - but that’s because the player that could have helped IMO was out injured.
    Unfortunately its the players that actually play the game & if they are not of the quality of last season then as a team we cannot progress , coaches can improve players definitely but ultimately fans will always judge by what they see & whether you like it or not we are not as good as we were last season & defensively we are poor .

Hold on a minute Nudge. You have always told us that our shrewd leadership group implement "the Barnsley Way" by always appointing HC's that play the same way--the geggenpresser way-- to ensure continuity of style as new people are appointed. Are you now saying Genius James of BFC Data Services Recruitment Consultants, Parekh, JAQ, Ahmad have dropped a b0ll0ck in bringing in Neill and Jon ?

You may be building your CV in another attempt to revoke your ban from BBS but, as on this board, fan's opinions on there are just that, opinions, as valid but not better or more important than any other. It is just possible that good players can adapt to any tweak or change to style of play and that the current defensive players are not (yet ?) of the quality/ strength of the Andersen, B. Thomas and Kitching line up of last season and none of Watters, Cosgrove, Dallas and Shaw are adequate replacements for Norwood and L.Thomas. Even with this season's general weakening we are still in a bunch of clubs looking at the Play Offs, though that may be to do with the general lower quality of the Third Division and our early run of away fixtures against the bottom half clubs.

In my view good players just make any system work if they are generally better than the opposition on the pitch.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 18-11-2023 at 04:02 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567