+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Barnsley Women show how to win away

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18,143

    Barnsley Women show how to win away

    Well done to Jess Horsley's Barnsley FC for a thumping 4-0 away win this afternoon at Wakefield.

    See full match report on Official Website.

    Go Well the Women's Team.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,544
    Cracking win that , well done ladies .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,313
    Says on BBC sport they were at home in FA cup v a team from Liverpool.

    Is that the same Barnsley ladies anyone know?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18,143
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Says on BBC sport they were at home in FA cup v a team from Liverpool.

    Is that the same Barnsley ladies anyone know?
    Yes Eths there are two completely separate women's teams representing Barnsley--

    "Barnsley Women FC" are the higher placed team, playing in the fourth tier Women's National League Division One North. Founded in 1982 they have moved grounds a bit and now play home games at the Sheffield Olympic Legacy Park. They lost yesterday 0-3 to Liverpool Federation in the cup.

    "Barnsley FC" are the women's team founded last year within the Oakwell structure. They play in the tier below, the fifth tier, the North East Region Women's Premier Division. They play their home games in the 12 club league at the Barnsley Training Pitch with the very occasional game on the main pitch at Oakwell. They won 4-0 yesterday at Wakefield in the league
    Last edited by SBRed48; 13-11-2023 at 03:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18,143
    With no Men's team home fixture this weekend and no fixture scheduled on the main pitch at Oakwell until the Wycombe game on 28th November I am sure the club will honour its statement to hold Women's home games on the main pitch at at Oakwell when possible.

    The team and fans will look forward to next Sunday's reverse fixture against Wakefield AFC being played there.

    Look out for news on this in the Official Site build up to the game this week along with the usual interviews etc, even more with the Media Dept not covering a Men's game.

    "Here at Oakwell we believe that the women's game should be just as valued and celebrated as the men's game"--Eleanor Dobson, BFC Club Secretary and EDI Lead Officer.

    Go Well the Women of Barnsley FC

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,313
    Thanks for the clarification SB.

    Itís a bit surprising that BFC are in a position to fund a BFCW team when they appear not to have a penny to scratch their asses with and rely upon share issues to stay in operation.

    Baffling!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thanks for the clarification SB.

    Itís a bit surprising that BFC are in a position to fund a BFCW team when they appear not to have a penny to scratch their asses with and rely upon share issues to stay in operation.

    Baffling!
    Possibly sponsorship Ethel might be helping, might be wrong but just a guess & I do not think they are full time professionals so I do not think they would cost the earth to run but of course I could be completely wrong .
    Last edited by Shadrack the Red; 13-11-2023 at 10:48 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,313
    UOTE=Shadrack the Red;40388996]Possibly sponsorship Ethel might be helping, might be wrong but just a guess & I do not think they are full time professionals so I do not think they would cost the earth to run but of course I could be completely wrong .[/QUOTE]

    That might be the case I have no idea really. I just find it surprising.


    I wish the ladies well.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18,143
    Players are not paid at that level of the Women's game but get relevant expenses paid.

    It was stated at their incorporation into the Oakwell set up that there would be no call on the budget but facilities such as ground maintenance, medical, sports science and changing facilities could be called upon.

    I haven't looked into finance of the game at this level but I assume there is some kind of Women's FA contribution and, as you say, sponsorship. Match admission is only charged when Oakwell Stadium is used (twice so far).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    18,143
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With no Men's team home fixture this weekend and no fixture scheduled on the main pitch at Oakwell until the Wycombe game on 28th November I am sure the club will honour its statement to hold Women's home games on the main pitch at at Oakwell when possible.

    The team and fans will look forward to next Sunday's reverse fixture against Wakefield AFC being played there.

    Look out for news on this in the Official Site build up to the game this week along with the usual interviews etc, even more with the Media Dept not covering a Men's game.

    "Here at Oakwell we believe that the women's game should be just as valued and celebrated as the men's game"--Eleanor Dobson, BFC Club Secretary and EDI Lead Officer.

    Go Well the Women of Barnsley FC
    I am very surprised there is no news yet about playing this game on the main pitch inside the Oakwell Stadium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •