+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Crewe

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Well we all know BC's pov, let the players have their say and then we do what I say! If the players ain't doing what Warne says then that's a worry!
    On the evidence of Stevenage (A) and Crewe (H&A) it’s perhaps if the players ARE doing what Warne says that there’s a worry.

Anyone know what’s going on with Fornah?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 15-11-2023 at 03:46 PM.

AS far as I know its just others are in front of him in midfield, which up until last nights match one couldn't argue with!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Your first point is possibly fair, maybe it is down to more than just a captain, the problem is, imo, that we don’t have ANY natural leaders. Maybe Bradley was the obvious candidate, but you can’t lead from a position of not even being a first choice player and allowing the squad to pick the captain was, I think, a bit of a cop out. Can’t imagine Clough, Mackay, Cox or Smith ever abdicating responsibility in that way.
    I'm not sure that either of those managers would cope with handling players in todays environment where even league 1 players would be resistant to thier management technique!! The world has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    AS far as I know its just others are in front of him in midfield, which up until last nights match one couldn't argue with!!
    Well you couldn’t in the performances against Northampton and Barnsley. Against Stevenage and Crewe twice we didn’t appear to have a midfield.
    Just a bit puzzled as he’s one of our rare buys, with a two year contract, who was good enough to make 37 Championship appearances last season but now doesn’t get a look in.

[QUOTE]On the evidence of Stevenage (A) and Crewe perhaps if the players ARE doing what Warne says that theres a worry QUOTE]

OR the players don't know what they're doing and Warne hasn't got a clue what he's doing! 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Well you couldn’t in the performances against Northampton and Barnsley. Against Stevenage and Crewe twice we didn’t appear to have a midfield.
    Just a bit puzzled as he’s one of our rare buys, with a two year contract, who was good enough to make 37 Championship appearances last season but now doesn’t get a look in.
    I haven't seen him play so can't comment, but I guess Warne only changed the team from Barnsley where he had no choice. Interesting that reports on the game seem to indicate its Maindez-Laing's creativity that Derby miss, he was carrying knock so didn't play.

Fornah? After a bright start to his Derby career (2 unnecessary bookings excepted) he seemed to go off the boil.

The failure of Warne's (leading of the) recruitmant is to me demonstrated by the fact that of the 11 that turned out against Barnsley, he inherited 9, and the two that he recruited were marginally better than their predecessors (Nyambe) and no better (Nelson), IMO of course. So his other recruitments, in two transfer windows and 15 months of free agent opportunities, have been either not up to it and in reserve, not up to it and returned to their parent clubs, out injured due possibly to a predisposition to injury or genuine injuries. Not a great record

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The failure of Warne's (leading of the) recruitmant is to me demonstrated by the fact that of the 11 that turned out against Barnsley, he inherited 9, and the two that he recruited were marginally better than their predecessors (Nyambe) and no better (Nelson), IMO of course. So his other recruitments, in two transfer windows and 15 months of free agent opportunities, have been either not up to it and in reserve, not up to it and returned to their parent clubs, out injured due possibly to a predisposition to injury or genuine injuries. Not a great record
    That is a fair criticism. Off the top of my head he has brought in 11 players, I'm not convinced whether they are better/worse/same as the outgoings, but I would expect them to be fully bought into his style of play and be the majority of the line up, forgiving that all managers will have some failed signings, so that they are playing at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Is that how it works though AF? I remember in the summer interviews with PW and DC outlining what happens. PW gives the recruitment team a description of the type of player he wants. He also gives them any names of such players he wants. Recruitment then goes off and sources possible incomings. Any fees and wages are sorted out by Pearce and the financial staff. PW can say no to a player.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)