+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Karl Robinson being interviewed today?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It is guess work, you are correct. I just wish we wouldn't keep putting ourselves down, we moan about being called Toytown and yet at every opportunity we have fans on discussion boards play up to that name. As sky said at the leeds game, Rotherham is a good job a good opportunity with a good chairman. Yes some managers might not fancy it, that says more about them than us, and do we want a manager that thinks he is better than us or that it is too hard a job, sounds like an arrogant loser to me (Mr jackett). Now if nathan Jones has distanced himself then it is very unlikely he applied or he did apply and the preliminary talks that Scott had with him did not go well, let us not assume if that is the case it is because of us, it might be because of him. We are a good option for a manager that likes a challenge and wants to show what they are capable of, i am annoyed about the length of time we are taking, but we have to let the owners run the club, I just don't want us going back to previous managers or taking the cheap internal option. I am not attacking any individual poster because we all do the "little Rotherham" at some point, but I am pleading with you all, let us believe in our club and our owners.
    If Tony Stewart wanted the cheap option he wouldn’t have sacked Matt Taylor imo . Hiring and firing isn’t a cheap option, whoever it is .

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    If Tony Stewart wanted the cheap option he wouldn’t have sacked Matt Taylor imo . Hiring and firing isn’t a cheap option, whoever it is .
    But sacking the manager is cheaper than losing out on payments by staying in the chakpionship

[QUOTE=MillersJ81;40397151]If Tony Stewart wanted the cheap option he wouldn’t have sacked Matt Taylor imo . Hiring and firing isn’t a cheap option, whoever it is .[/QUOTE

I am talking about the cheap option post his decision to sack MT.

I believe in Tony Stewart I've never knocked him. Got to balance the books. MT will have got some sort of pay off so unless he gets another job soon are we going to pay two managers or go with staff who remained here? If the next 2 away games go to plan I'd say going with latter will be the way we'll go. Way I'd go.

It is guess work, you are correct. I just wish we wouldn't keep putting ourselves down, we moan about being called Toytown and yet at every opportunity we have fans on discussion boards play up to that name. As sky said at the leeds game, Rotherham is a good job a good opportunity with a good chairman. Yes some managers might not fancy it, that says more about them than us, and do we want a manager that thinks he is better than us or that it is too hard a job, sounds like an arrogant loser to me (Mr jackett). Now if nathan Jones has distanced himself then it is very unlikely he applied or he did apply and the preliminary talks that Scott had with him did not go well, let us not assume if that is the case it is because of us, it might be because of him. We are a good option for a manager that likes a challenge and wants to show what they are capable of, i am annoyed about the length of time we are taking, but we have to let the owners run the club, I just don't want us going back to previous managers or taking the cheap internal option. I am not attacking any individual poster because we all do the "little Rotherham" at some point, but I am pleading with you all, let us believe in our club and our owners.
    I think you may be mistaking the people who are just being realistic about our club size and budget as 'doing down' the club when I don't think it is. Yes, the job can be seen as attractive to up and coming managers who are looking for the next step like Taylor or a 'bit past it and on the way down' manager who can't get further work in the championship level, but managers who have had some success and have built up a good track level at this level have a lot to lose and will carefully weigh up what we can offer as a club, the players we have and infrastructure together with what Steward can offer to back them in January and beyond. Such managers have a lot to lose if they don't get it right and will want to examne carefully what we can offer and weigh up if they feel that they can realistically compete in this league with these resources.

That isn't doing the Millers down or belittling them, just acknowledging where we are and I for one have been hugely grateful for these last ten years, working with success under Stewart over a decade, in a way that I haven't experienced (in terms of the number of years in the 2nd tier) before in 50 years as a Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I think you may be mistaking the people who are just being realistic about our club size and budget as 'doing down' the club when I don't think it is. Yes, the job can be seen as attractive to up and coming managers who are looking for the next step like Taylor or a 'bit past it and on the way down' manager who can't get further work in the championship level, but managers who have had some success and have built up a good track level at this level have a lot to lose and will carefully weigh up what we can offer as a club, the players we have and infrastructure together with what Steward can offer to back them in January and beyond. Such managers have a lot to lose if they don't get it right and will want to examne carefully what we can offer and weigh up if they feel that they can realistically compete in this league with these resources.

That isn't doing the Millers down or belittling them, just acknowledging where we are and I for one have been hugely grateful for these last ten years, working with success under Stewart over a decade, in a way that I haven't experienced (in terms of the number of years in the 2nd tier) before in 50 years as a Miller.
    I don't disagree with that, it does depend on the attitude of the person though. There are a lot of managers that never got another job by thinking they were better than they were, Curbishly, pardue etc. If a manager applied for the job he will know about the club, the owners and the task ahead - people network and talk. Why waste everybodys time to apply for a job you think you are too good for? My point is some people might think they are too good for us or they are scared of failing, why would anyone want such a person as our manager. Being scared of a lot to lose (the dream of a bigger job down the road, which might never come) is not what i would like to see in the dugout at NY stadium, we are better than that

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    I have not met Mr Stewart either but from what I hear I think your assessment will be correct.

I would not be at all surprised if the current caretaker manages to get 4 points from the next 2 fixtures he will find himself appointed. Failing that it will be Robinson or Richardson
    Think you may be spot on with the latter names.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Hi mate. I’m good thanks and just chipping in for a while. 😀 Hope you and yours are all good too
    Good to see your chips Peter. We all good here. Off to MKM tonight. Take a point now.

I don't disagree with that, it does depend on the attitude of the person though. There are a lot of managers that never got another job by thinking they were better than they were, Curbishly, pardue etc. If a manager applied for the job he will know about the club, the owners and the task ahead - people network and talk. Why waste everybodys time to apply for a job you think you are too good for? My point is some people might think they are too good for us or they are scared of failing, why would anyone want such a person as our manager. Being scared of a lot to lose (the dream of a bigger job down the road, which might never come) is not what i would like to see in the dugout at NY stadium, we are better than that
    So who would be on your "preferred" list?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    So who would be on your "preferred" list?
    Good question, I find it easier to make a list of those i don't like the idea of. Not saying it is an easy job to select a manager, just that I think we aren't as bad an option for some of them that are out of work as others might believe we are.
    If pushed 1. Rowett, 2. Jones, 3. Richardson
    all of them just feel like what we need at the moment, I wanted Wilder but I do think he falls into the "dreaming of something better" group, you could easily argue that my 1 and 2 could as well. Jones struggled at Stoke, I remember hearing a stoke radio interview with him the day we came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 at theirs, and it seemed the players still thought they were premier league and he struggled to get them to realise they were going to have to fight and not expect to turn-up and win, I think he struggled at Southampton as well because premier league players are a bunch of prema donnas and he is better with lower league players, I think he would galvanise our squad, he would bring in grafters in january and I think that is what we need. But as i said it isn't easy and I could be 100% wrong about him.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast