+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ❔Meadow Lane: Safe Standing Survey

Like others on here, I said I’d support the introduction of a safe standing area, but it’s not something I’d choose to do myself. I wonder what those under 30 make of standing at games, given that the majority of league grounds have been all-seaters their entire lives.

The only time I like to stand these days is at a gig - went to see ****age Fanclub in Manchester after the Crewe game and it just feels wrong sitting down at a rock concert.

Can't really see the point if you are standing in front of a locked back seat and hemmed in by barriers?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Can't really see the point if you are standing in front of a locked back seat and hemmed in by barriers?
    If people want safe standing let them have it, most prob at the front of the Kop. Won't it cut down further, our already cut down capacity though?
    Last edited by countygump; 15-11-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Fans are invited to complete this survey on safe standing at Meadow Lane

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/safestanding
    It's a "yes" from me.

I think there should be some standing in the ground for those who prefer it. It's good for both generating atmosphere and not feeling so cold.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If people want safe standing let them have it, most prob at the front of the Kop. Won't it cut down further, our already cut down capacity though?
    If it was in the Jimmy Sirrel stand it would increase home capacity and reduce the oppos.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    If it was in the Jimmy Sirrel stand it would increase home capacity and reduce the oppos.
    Good idea. A couple of blocks of the Jimmy given over to free standing. Having a lesser gradient as well, t'wud be ideal.

Haven't we already got standing? Wrexham supporters were all standing from what I saw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12