+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ❔Meadow Lane: Safe Standing Survey

❔Meadow Lane: Safe Standing Survey

Fans are invited to complete this survey on safe standing at Meadow Lane

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/safestanding

Caught in between with this one, as someone posted after the events at Crewe it is difficult to move away if you get a seat among idiots in an all seater stadium but with standing it is easier for idiots & infiltrating visitors to move around & avoid detection. I wouldn't use it myself but will probably vote yes if enough people want it.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Caught in between with this one, as someone posted after the events at Crewe it is difficult to move away if you get a seat among idiots in an all seater stadium but with standing it is easier for idiots & infiltrating visitors to move around & avoid detection. I wouldn't use it myself but will probably vote yes if enough people want it.
    I don't think it works like that. Could be wrong but I think you get allocated a numbered standing space similar to a seat?

I wouldn't use it myself but voted yes for those that do.

Voted for it.

I won't be using it myself but I know people that want it. We already have plenty standing up so might as well provide safe facilities for it.

How could that possibly work? If you move a few inches to the left or right, backwards or forwards, then you're in somebody else's square? That's not going to bother anybody is it? Everybody's going to respect that. Besides, if some six-footer is stood in front of you you can't move?
    Why didn't you vote no for those that don't?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    How could that possibly work? If you move a few inches to the left or right, backwards or forwards, then you're in somebody else's square? That's not going to bother anybody is it? Everybody's going to respect that. Besides, if some six-footer is stood in front of you you can't move?
    If you Google safe standing you'll see how it works. It's not just stand where you like. The survey doesn't have much detail, which isn't great if people aren't sure what they're voting for.

I voted yes, as I don't object to part of the ground having safe standing if that's what people want. I won't use it myself but know some fans love it.

It's OK to support it even if I won't use it isn't it?

i think the survey needs more information to be able to comment accordingly

Where would the best place to have this be? Kop end of the Jimmy Sirrell or top of the Kop? or somewhere else.

Would this result in lower or higher capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

Where would the best place to have this be? Kop end of the Jimmy Sirrell or top of the Kop? or somewhere else.

Examples of safe standing options would have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

Lower Kop

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    It’s about giving people a choice isn’t it? I was in the safe standing at Wembley for the playoff final, and if it’s done right there’s no more danger of moving into someone else’s space than there is of accidentally sitting on someone’s lap. And unless the person in front is 10 foot tall they won’t block your view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast