+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Ice Hockey Death

O/T Ice Hockey Death

It appears the bloke responsible for Adam Johnsons death on the ice hockey pitch has been arrested for manslaughter.

When it originally happened the media were stating it was a freak accident and a 'once in a million type incident'. But when I first saw the video clip of what happened I immediately called it murder and my view hasn't changed. If you aint seen the clip then, if you wish, click below and judge for yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-UgwiXv-d4

He tried to kick him, it wasn’t an accident

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    He tried to kick him, it wasn’t an accident
    Exactly mate - this bloke knew what he was doing in fact he's been suspended a few times in the past for dirty play. There has been many incidents in sport that has been left to the sporting authorities to deal with when in fact Law enforcement should be involved.

Well, that video evidence certainly shows this was no freak accident. A deliberate kick -and a high one at that. May not have intended to kill him but certainly to hurt him. Given the obvious dangers of this when wearing skates the guy must surely now be facing a manslaughter charge at the very least!

I haven't seen the footage (no pun intended) and have no desire to but from what I've read online if this eventually goes to court it wouldn't surprise me if they land at a conclusion of death by misadventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I haven't seen the footage (no pun intended) and have no desire to but from what I've read online if this eventually goes to court it wouldn't surprise me if they land at a conclusion of death by misadventure.
    Sadly, having watched the video clip, that was no "misadventure" I'm afraid

More like a kung fu kick to me. Somehow some people think that when you are playing a sport all standard laws dont apply and they do. ABH, GBH and in this case manslaughter

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    More like a kung fu kick to me. Somehow some people think that when you are playing a sport all standard laws dont apply and they do. ABH, GBH and in this case manslaughter
    I have watched the video (Which is of very poor quality) I will leave any decision to the CPS and the Courts, who will have a lot more evidence than an extremely grainy video which is available on YouTube.

At present, the player involved has only been arrested and released on bail. He has not been charged at this stage as inquiries, no doubt continue. We should wait and see if any charges are brought before making judgement at least.

The public have been asked not to speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    At present, the player involved has only been arrested and released on bail. He has not been charged at this stage as inquiries, no doubt continue. We should wait and see if any charges are brought before making judgement at least.

The public have been asked not to speculate.
    I hope for his sake he’s not reviewing all the footie mad forums to check if anyone’s speculating he’s a killer! 😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I hope for his sake he’s not reviewing all the footie mad forums to check if anyone’s speculating he’s a killer! ����
    It says more about human nature. Remember all the vile posts on social media about Nicola Bully and her family, some of those were made on this site. Why do people, decent people, have to speculate about other misfortune. It is not only FM sites that these sorts of comments are made it is over all media sources.

I won’t say anymore other, I thought the backbone of the British legal system was you were innocent until proven guilty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)