+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Gone a bit quiet on Nathan Jones . Bombed at Soton in Prem but also at Stoke in cship. A one club wonder perhaps or our saviour

Dean Holden not mentioned much. Think he’s applied before and his record is patchy
    Holden and Jones any off them join and I will be calling for Mt back

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Rowett has come in to 3's on the betting!

Gary rowett we got no chance

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Gary rowett we got no chance
    I agree. The much made point of Mark Bonner turning us down a year ago when we were 8th in The Championship in September is the reference point. Why would someone of Gary Rowett's calibre accept us now!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Appointment expected on Friday apparently.
    Doubt it now 🙂

TV money per club in the Championship next season goes up to nearly £12 million. Simple way to attract a top manager is to offer a huge bonus (say £1 million ?) for staying up and they'll come running. Makes sense if you aren't prepared to or can't pay competitive wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    TV money per club in the Championship next season goes up to nearly £12 million. Simple way to attract a top manager is to offer a huge bonus (say £1 million ?) for staying up and they'll come running. Makes sense if you aren't prepared to or can't pay competitive wages.
    Can't see how that's possible? That would equal £288M for the 24 Championship clubs or £1.44B over 5 years when the total deal is only £935M over 5 years for the entire EFL including L1 and L2. Probably closer to £6M for TV plus whatever else the EFL chucks into the pot from sponsorships etc.

Been £8 million per club this season with 46% increase for next season. Have i got this wrong ?

Been £8 million per club this season with 46% increase for next season. Have i got this wrong ?
    I think the total EFL package has been increased by 46% but I haven't seen anything that says how it will be distributed between the 72 clubs.
    I suppose it's possible that League 1 and 2 clubs might receive an increased share for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think the total EFL package has been increased by 46% but I haven't seen anything that says how it will be distributed between the 72 clubs.
    I suppose it's possible that League 1 and 2 clubs might receive an increased share for example.
    I don't think TV constitutes all the money clubs get. If that 6M I quote is accurate and it represents the 50% increase that is quoted in the deal then that means it was around 4M this year. As around 7M is what is often quoted as being the 'package' for Championship clubs that would mean the 2M TV deal bump in 2024/5 would lift that to 9M.

EFL clubs get a cut of the Premier League deal.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/1...ghts-deal/amp/

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast