+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans

Steve Evans

Seems like he might be our next manager,here's my thoughts on him.
    When he joined us last time I wasn't impressed, I couldn't understand why we wanted him considering what happened at Boston.
    After I calmed down a bit,I thought hive him a chance, so I went to fans meeting to see what he was like in person.
    I got the chance to have a word with him,and promised me he would do everything thing he could to get us promotion, and that he would work harder than anybody to achieve this.
    He was as good as is word in fact even better, but I never really took to him personally, and his tactic of signing everybody and their mother got on my nerves.
    However, if he came back now it might just sort out our situation, but I would sooner have Wilder.

Things rarely work second time round (in life in general). But if Evans is appointed I'll support him. My choice would be Eustace based on how he boosted Brum. With Wilder I think he'd regard us as the poor relations and is anyway eyeing a return to Bramall Lane

I think it would be a mistake for both parties if Evans comes back. He left us with an excellent record, no matter how it was achieved. We were exciting and entertaining in L2 and the L1 promotion with the wonder goal and coming from 2-0 down, is our greatest Wembley visit. he kept us up in the Championship and that should not be underestimated as a great achievement. There seemed to be a messy exit and i am not sure he could repeat what he achieved with us last time, leave the memories where they are.
    Wilder/Knill would be a coup for Rotherham and at the moment i think a better fit for us, but there are a lot of good candidates

My thoughts about Evan’s mirror quite a few on here. Whether even he and Revs could keep us up is debatable given the finite resources the club is restricted by. What it would give fans though is a sense of unity, fun, engagement and bring back an atmosphere we haven’t witnessed since his departure. Going to NYS is literally like going to a library these days so in the hope we could get back to winning ways (in L1 I guess but hopefully Championship) and have an atmosphere again I vote Yes to him coming back. I would think any lazy arses would get theirs kicked if they weren’t playing for the shirt so that too would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    What it would give fans though is a sense of unity, fun, engagement and bring back an atmosphere we haven’t witnessed since his departure.
    Would it give a sense of unity? Personally I think it's possibly the most divisive appointment we could make. Looking at the comments across various forms of social media, there are a lot more people who don't want him back than do.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Would it give a sense of unity? Personally I think it's possibly the most divisive appointment we could make. Looking at the comments across various forms of social media, there are a lot more people who don't want him back than do.
    You may be right of course and unity might be too strong. I really meant, one way or another his presence would ignite (not unite) a passion and atmosphere that I personally miss when I go in NYS.

Would Evans type off mansgement work when he is dealing with ex premiership and current internationals who are already wealthy.

The bullish style off management in the lower teams yes but dealing with the top tier players don't think it will.

Evans is a safe bet and probably the most realistic best manager we could get.

Part off me saids yes OK another part off me thinks should have Taylor untill mid next season.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Would Evans type off mansgement work when he is dealing with ex premiership and current internationals who are already wealthy.

The bullish style off management in the lower teams yes but dealing with the top tier players don't think it will.

Evans is a safe bet and probably the most realistic best manager we could get.

Part off me saids yes OK another part off me thinks should have Taylor untill mid next season.
    "Evans is a safe bet and probably the most realistic best manager we could get." really, do you think so little of us? Rotherham United are a Championship club, we are financially well run. I am amazed that fans think that people that have been in football all their adult life would choose to be out of work rather than manage us, unbelieveably negative and defeatist. The only reason a out of work manager might not be interested is if affects his financial deal from his previous club or his agent has convinced him that the next big opportunity is his, and there are a lot of out of work managers that would all be waiting for that next big opportunity.

Steve Evans must be attracting some money with the bookies, he's 1/3 now with Sky Bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    "Evans is a safe bet and probably the most realistic best manager we could get." really, do you think so little of us? Rotherham United are a Championship club, we are financially well run. I am amazed that fans think that people that have been in football all their adult life would choose to be out of work rather than manage us, unbelieveably negative and defeatist. The only reason a out of work manager might not be interested is if affects his financial deal from his previous club or his agent has convinced him that the next big opportunity is his, and there are a lot of out of work managers that would all be waiting for that next big opportunity.
    I kind of disagree.

Take Eustace as an example. After the relative success he had at Birmingham, his "stock" is probably the highest it's ever been. You could understand why he might prefer to hold out for a 'better" opportunity with say an established Championship club, as opposed to joining a club with a real chance of relegation. He would need to be in it for the long haul and be prepared to manage in L1 if he came to us. He might be up for it, who knows.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast