+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    We all like to see a bit of passion, but Evans does have a habit of going over the top.
    Out of all the names being floated around, he wouldn't be the worst,but does it ever work when you go back to a club ?
    Especially as he was shown the door last time for spending all the money, sometimes on players we rarely saw.
    Going back can work mate, Nathan Jones at Luton being one recent ish example which springs to mind. Admittedly there's probably more examples where it hasn't.

Also, just to clarify, Evans wasn't shown the door for spending all the money. His departure (by mutual consent) wasn't directly football related.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Going back can work mate, Nathan Jones at Luton being one recent ish example which springs to mind. Admittedly there's probably more examples where it hasn't.

Also, just to clarify, Evans wasn't shown the door for spending all the money. His departure (by mutual consent) wasn't directly football related.
    Grumps how you doing pal?

You’re 100% correct about Evo’s ‘amicable’ departure as it due to, shall we say, ‘an indifference’ with young Richard. As they say, blood is always thicker than water.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Mellow, there’s nothing wrong with that at all…..total commitment and show’s animation to his players just how involved he is all the time…. still great to see some managers with some spout on the touch line if it gets the message through to them.
    Bit surprised at you Brin that as an ex-referee you think it's acceptable for the 4th official to get abused by a manager using the excuse that he's getting animated and involved. I thought the authorities were trying to stamp out that type of behaviour.
    SE reckons he's calmed down a lot. Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Bit surprised at you Brin that as an ex-referee you think it's acceptable for the 4th official to get abused by a manager using the excuse that he's getting animated and involved. I thought the authorities were trying to stamp out that type of behaviour.
    Mellow, Not really. I often had managers slavering from the touch lines and for the majority I ignored them.

I only had to dismiss or rather suggest to one Manager, St Joseph’s Rawmarsh, to calm down and let the kids enjoy their football. He was screaming at them like a school bully, berating them for messing up a pass or not controlling the ball correctly. They were 7-8 year olds! Anyway he thought he’d continue more in the second half so I suggested he moved from the touch line or it was something else.
    He left and moved away much to the pleasure of the parents whose kids he was supposed to be managing.

As for the 4th official, if a Ref drops a clanger I think managers should be able to let them know via the 4th official they are out of order but, it’s how you get your message across….. but that’s Evo. 😄

Grumps how you doing pal?

You’re 100% correct about Evo’s ‘amicable’ departure as it due to, shall we say, ‘an indifference’ with young Richard. As they say, blood is always thicker than water.
    I'm good Brin, ta. Trust you are too pal.

You're right about SE. I'm led to believe all parties have since kissed and made up.

He may have nicked their picnics

I've got a horrible feeling that he's in the running to get the job.

The other person that I know that's had or is going to have talks with TS has been verified by someone else so it's down to TS!

Mellow, Not really. I often had managers slavering from the touch lines and for the majority I ignored them.

I only had to dismiss or rather suggest to one Manager, St Joseph’s Rawmarsh, to calm down and let the kids enjoy their football. He was screaming at them like a school bully, berating them for messing up a pass or not controlling the ball correctly. They were 7-8 year olds! Anyway he thought he’d continue more in the second half so I suggested he moved from the touch line or it was something else.
    He left and moved away much to the pleasure of the parents whose kids he was supposed to be managing.

As for the 4th official, if a Ref drops a clanger I think managers should be able to let them know via the 4th official they are out of order but, it’s how you get your message across….. but that’s Evo. 😄
    That brought back some memories of when my son and then later my grandson were playing junior football. 🙂

Good job there wasn't a 4th official when you were refereeing then or he'd have been a busy man 😄

That brought back some memories of when my son and then later my grandson were playing junior football. 🙂

Good job there wasn't a 4th official when you were refereeing then or he'd have been a busy man 😄
    Didn’t need one pal…. a calm toned voice and a look in their eyes was enough. Proud of the fact I only gave two reds and not even 10 yellows in 15 years of officiating said I did a good job.

Another ringing endorsement for big Steve...

https://youtu.be/b_xO5Ruh3HQ?t=4607

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast