+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Back to Steve Evans, I've posted it before but for those who haven't seen it they might find it interesting. The video should start playing at the correct time.

https://youtu.be/AtGwVJblSHA?t=4666

Do we really want this again?
    Bloody hell mate you will get hung posting that but it will wash over his fans. He is one of the most disliked men in football but that’s ok because he’s a winner.I don’t want him back. I posted that I didn’t like him before & I said I didn’t want to go anymore but I got I bet you enjoyed the ride.My answer then was I was a Miller for 50yrs before he came & I will be a Miller when he’s gone.I supported Rotherham not Evans.

Gru where have you see that, can you share the link please

Nope.

MT got a lot of money from the Ampadu and Watkins signings not only for players but they've also massively upgraded their Cliff Hill training ground - I know I go there often. They've also spent money on SJP, Exeter was / is an attractive area to live and play football. Attracting players isn't such an issue.

MT was a bad error of judgement for Tony Stewart from day 1 and I knew it would be.

If it's Ainsworth or Evans, or some other L1 L2 manager I quit.

I won't get lied to about the ambition / reality of Rotherham United as that's what it amounts to.

I fear, and never thought I'd ever realise this, that we've seen the absolute top of where Rotherham United can ever be without a money bags foreign owner.

If we start a Championship season and after 10 games find ourselves in the play off spots, playing well and looking good you bet we'll lose the manager and our better players onto other clubs.. And back down we go.

Championship sustainability to me is fools gold sold by a very good and successful lighting salesman

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Gru where have you see that, can you share the link please

It's in today's advertiser quote ' Chris Wilder is out of the running to become the next boss of Rotherham united the advertiser understands. The 56 year old is believed to see his next challenge at a different club '

' John Eustace it is thought that he doesn't view a second-tier fight against relegation in S60 as his next role '

This from the Yorkshire Post. Speaking to the Stevenage Comet after Boro's EFL Trophy game on Tuesday evening, Evans, 61, said: "I'm not aware of anything and neither is my chairman, I spoke to my chairman earlier today and I spoke to Leon Hunter tonight.

Phiippo van Klomp ex Ajax and Feyenoord manager a good outside bet

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Back to Steve Evans, I've posted it before but for those who haven't seen it they might find it interesting. The video should start playing at the correct time.

https://youtu.be/AtGwVJblSHA?t=4666

Do we really want this again?
    Brilliant insight into the style of management Evans delivers. Hadn’t seen the video before but interesting to hear Nardiello saying even after all the grief Evan’s gave him that he would play for him again. In those days I spoke to Revs, Frecks and Frecklington a few times and they all said Evans was horrible yet they would all play for him again. A one off is Evans and as others have said he would divide the fan base. Might work, might not but the performances given by some players, particularly at the pig sty was unforgivable and if it meant Evans gave those players the kick up the jacksy they need then that would be a good thing for me. Keeping in mind who would come to this club, in these circumstances, Evans might be the best option. He might be the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    Nope.

MT got a lot of money from the Ampadu and Watkins signings not only for players but they've also massively upgraded their Cliff Hill training ground - I know I go there often. They've also spent money on SJP, Exeter was / is an attractive area to live and play football. Attracting players isn't such an issue.

MT was a bad error of judgement for Tony Stewart from day 1 and I knew it would be.

I won't get lied to about the ambition / reality of Rotherham United as that's what it amounts to.

I fear, and never thought I'd ever realise this, that we've seen the absolute top of where Rotherham United can ever be without a money bags foreign owner.

If we start a Championship season and after 10 games find ourselves in the play off spots, playing well and looking good you bet we'll lose the manager and our better players onto other clubs.. And back down we go.

Championship sustainability to me is fools gold sold by a very good and successful lighting salesman
    Lied to?....behave!
    You're very naive if you believed the hype about the Prem being a realistic target. Just look at the world we're operating in. I would have thought it was damned obvious that unless there's a massive influx of funds we'll never be able to seriously compete at this level.

What would you like to hear from Tony Stewart? The limit of our ambition is to be a yo-yo club? That would go down well....not!! As a successful businessman Stewart understands the power of marketing BS, that's all talk of the Prem ever was and will be while he's in sole charge.

It's the state of the game you should be getting upset about not TS's marketing bull. He's swimming against a tidal wave of dosh thrown at the Premiership clubs whether they're in the Prem or not!

Try to enjoy the ride a bit more rather than angst about unrealistic dreams. The last 10 years have been enthralling, for a variety of reasons. I hope the next 10 are just as entertaining. Steve Evans part II might get it all off to a lively start

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Brilliant insight into the style of management Evans delivers. Hadn’t seen the video before but interesting to hear Nardiello saying even after all the grief Evan’s gave him that he would play for him again. In those days I spoke to Revs, Frecks and Frecklington a few times and they all said Evans was horrible yet they would all play for him again. A one off is Evans and as others have said he would divide the fan base. Might work, might not but the performances given by some players, particularly at the pig sty was unforgivable and if it meant Evans gave those players the kick up the jacksy they need then that would be a good thing for me. Keeping in mind who would come to this club, in these circumstances, Evans might be the best option. He might be the only option.

TS says he's flattered by the calibre of the applicants, although he said that last time as well. If he genuinely means that then Evans can't or shouldn't be the best/only option.

Quote Originally Posted by MAMiller View Post
    Nope.

Exeter: You go there often? Hmmmm

Why not use your old username? Did you forget your password?

Lol.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast