+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everything must make way for football

Everything must make way for football

Very annoying tonight, the wretched BBC have postponed an interesting documentary in order to show some non league team play Charlton, who the f**k cares about that apart from their only handful of fans. Why the hell should everything have to make way for football, especially one with no interest for the vast majority of the country. They really are cr@p.

You been on the juice tonight Ketts? These games for non league teams are an absolute lifeline for a lot of clubs. Being an avid follower of my local team who play in a league just above Cray, I hope that Cray make enough money out of the television rights to keep the club going. This is the problem with football in this country today whereby the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Go pour yourself another glass Ketts!

I was interested enough to watch the whole game having caught some of the first one. What Cray Valley lacked in quality they showed in spirit.

A step too far though as the gap between the eighth tier and League One proved too much for a team who spent the day at work before taking on a professional outfit. That said the money from the first tie and replay will definitely help them out.

Oddly enough they've only played six league games so far given their progress through the preliminary rounds of the FA Cup and also the FA Trophy. Fair play Cray Valley Paper Mills.

They could have put that match on the iPlayer, so anyone interested could watch it on demand.

Anyway, Christmas approaches so its time to be more grumpy than usual!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Very annoying tonight, the wretched BBC have postponed an interesting documentary in order to show some non league team play Charlton, who the f**k cares about that apart from their only handful of fans. Why the hell should everything have to make way for football, especially one with no interest for the vast majority of the country. They really are cr@p.
    I did watch a fair bit of that match on TV but I also like a good documentary, so what was the documentary about?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    I did watch a fair bit of that match on TV but I also like a good documentary, so what was the documentary about?
    Well given that Mike is Baggies Banter's very own self confessed Grinch I can't see it being a documentary about the origins of the nativity.

At a guess I'd suggest it was a fly on the wall documentary about music, cycling, engineering or flicking snot and bogies at little kids as they queue at Santa's Grotto in Kettering 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Vacuum cleaners!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Vacuum cleaners!
    A case of “So long sucker!” then.

I only watched a bit of the 1st half. What struck me was skill wise how superior women's football (at international level anyway) is to third division football.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I only watched a bit of the 1st half. What struck me was skill wise how superior women's football (at international level anyway) is to third division football.
    Like you I wouldn't compare them physically. But in all honestly I genuinely don't think women's international football is superior skill wise to what Charlton put out last night. I really don't.

You may or may not agree had you watched the game across it's entire duration. The first half was very much a physical battle but in truth CVPM's chances disappeared with Charlton's late equaliser in the first tie.

Charlton were as you would expect levels above eighth tier CVPM for the majority of the second half and it wasn't just about full time player fitness. First touch, second touch, movement off and of the ball and weight of pass. That said it was still an entertaining encounter overall.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)