+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taylor to the Gas?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Aye or they resign without him having to pay compo to the staff which is the more likely outcome.
    They can certainly resign, of course they can. But they can't resign and walk straight into another coaching job within the EFL. There are "club" rules within the Football League. Otherwise why would there ever be compensation aid for managers etc moving clubs. If we sack them (another misnomer as they get paid up dependant to clauses) then all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    They can certainly resign, of course they can. But they can't resign and walk straight into another coaching job within the EFL. There are "club" rules within the Football League. Otherwise why would there ever be compensation aid for managers etc moving clubs. If we sack them (another misnomer as they get paid up dependant to clauses) then all bets are off.
    I have presumed that if they resign then Tony would allow them to leave for nothing, in other words it’s his decision an he’s in control.
    If the EFL has rules that would not allow Tony to do that then I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out
    I would like to think that if all of them agree to that then it can happen though

Just out of interest isn't that what happened when all our previous coaching staff left to go to Derby with Warne?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest isn't that what happened when all our previous coaching staff left to go to Derby with Warne?
    Yes, but it was subject to an agreed compensation package. We were paid just shy of £1m by Derby for Warne, Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington. Think of it less as a resignation, more like a transfer between clubs.

If they had just resigned, and we hadnt agreed a compensation package with Derby, then they wouldnt have been allowed to work for another EFL club without RUFC's consent or until such a time that their RUFC contract would have ceased.

Otherwise managers and coaches would just be jumping ship left, right and centre and it would be like the wild west. Contracts are there to protect people and clubs.

What happens in practice is that the managers and coaches have agents and the agent will liaise with both clubs to see what is/isnt possible before any decisions are made by the managers/coaches, and certainly before anything comes into the public domain. It's against the rules to tap up a manager or coach without permission of the contracted club. But clubs can talk to agents to their hearts content. And they certainly do! In the higher echelons they even have people who's bespoke role is to "facilitate". These are over and above the actual agents. Some might see it as a gravy train .......

Yes, but it was subject to an agreed compensation package. We were paid just shy of £1m by Derby for Warne, Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington. Think of it less as a resignation, more like a transfer between clubs.

If they had just resigned, and we hadnt agreed a compensation package with Derby, then they wouldnt have been allowed to work for another EFL club without RUFC's consent or until such a time that their RUFC contract would have ceased.

Otherwise managers and coaches would just be jumping ship left, right and centre and it would be like the wild west. Contracts are there to protect people and clubs.

What happens in practice is that the managers and coaches have agents and the agent will liaise with both clubs to see what is/isnt possible before any decisions are made by the managers/coaches, and certainly before anything comes into the public domain. It's against the rules to tap up a manager or coach without permission of the contracted club. But clubs can talk to agents to their hearts content. And they certainly do! In the higher echelons they even have people who's bespoke role is to "facilitate". These are over and above the actual agents. Some might see it as a gravy train .......
    Thanks very much for that. It clarifies the situation nicely.
    I wonder if any club that MT subsequently goes to will be prepared to pay us compensation for the coaching staff, always assuming he wants them of course.

A few of the rumoured candidates are also linked with Bris Rovs

Top 6
    1️⃣ Matt Taylor 1/1
    2️⃣ Andy Mangan 5/1
    3️⃣ Garry Monk 5/1
    4️⃣ Karl Robinson 5/1
    5️⃣ Neil Lennon 8/1
    6️⃣ Leam Richardson 20/1

I'd like TS to surprise everybody and offer the going rate to get a good championship manager in and silence the repetitive degrading of our club and fans by Radio Deedaa and Yorkshire Post.Their reporting of this club is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    I'd like TS to surprise everybody and offer the going rate to get a good championship manager in and silence the repetitive degrading of our club and fans by Radio Deedaa and Yorkshire Post.Their reporting of this club is a disgrace.
    Don't listen to it. I stopped years ago partly for the reason you mentioned but also because I can't stand football phone ins.

TS says he wants an experienced Championship Manager. Surely Gary Rowett is the one then out of the ones I can see?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    TS says he wants an experienced Championship Manager. Surely Gary Rowett is the one then out of the ones I can see?
    You would think so wouldn't you but what TS tells us he wants and what he actually does may be poles apart.
    Hope not though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123