+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everton for the drop this season

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Everton have admitted the charge and been hit quite hard.
    Top six clubs wanted to leave Prem and join a European Super League where supporters could not afford to go to many away matches per season.
    When that failed they put a proposal that stopped relegation in the Prem which meant that they could never go down and made the Prem an exclusive club with them at the top.

They got no more than a fine which was no more than a slap on the wrist to them.
    When you think about this, it was much more serious than Everton's misdemeanour. Had it come off it would have crippled the Prem as we know it now, both morally and financially

The 10 points is just the start of the nightmare for Everton.

If the clubs that were relegated successfully sue them for 300m, it will likely plunge them into administration and another 9 points deduction.

The company who is trying to buy them is dodgy as f0ok and wont pass the PL owners and directors test, they need to find hundreds of millions to complete the stadium too.

If they go down this season, its curtains for them.

Chelsea and Man City will get far worse punishments, they actually obtained money and sponsorships fraudulently through the back door

to deceive the PL and cheat FFP. Everton just overspent in truth. Demotion is very likely for them

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And now there are suggestions that Burnley, Leeds and Leicester are going to sue for £300 million.

Lovely stuff.
    Burnley? Am I missing something or is it Soton you mean? ;-)

Can’t see them going down, Luton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, are all just too sh!te… they’re only 1 win from getting out of the bottom 3 after the deduction.

As for being sued by 3 clubs… only 1 of them could have survived if Everton had gone down, so don’t understand how any court would find Everton guilty of sending them all down by dodgy spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Burnley? Am I missing something or is it Soton you mean? ;-)

Can’t see them going down, Luton, Sheff Utd, Burnley, are all just too sh!te… they’re only 1 win from getting out of the bottom 3 after the deduction.

As for being sued by 3 clubs… only 1 of them could have survived if Everton had gone down, so don’t understand how any court would find Everton guilty of sending them all down by dodgy spending.
    No, I thought that initially. This was brewing last year, hence Burnley's involvement,

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I thought that initially. This was brewing last year, hence Burnley's involvement,
    Ah, okay.

I guess Soton were so far off the chase that they had no grounds to sue at all.

As for Burnley, I guess they were probably the highest placed team to go down the season before (down a year and back) and impacted during Everton’s overspending/over claiming during COVID.

I think Everton are obviously guilty of that, match day revenues lost we’re claimed around the following:

Us: 40m
    Arsenal: 107m
    Everton: 170M

There’s no way that Everton’s smaller ground was generating 4* ours our 1.5* Emirates

I only know the headline numbers though, anyone seen any of the detail as to why Everton thought they could get away with that? This was when they were spending money very badly, hand over fist, but not seen what their defence is for the claims so assume it was a misguided effort to balance the books for FFP?

Anyone else think the government will bail Everton out? The government seem to think football clubs are culturally significant enough to bring in a regulator and ban the joining of any super leagues. I can’t see why they would let a club like Everton fail if they think like that.

Personally I don’t think any football club has the right to exist.

By the way, I am all for a super league now. I think it’s a natural progression and would actually be good for the English game. Only if the fans don’t follow it though. And if they do, English football has no right to exist anyway.

The supporters have all the power. I’d not follow Newcastle anymore if they joined a super league.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post
    Anyone else think the government will bail Everton out? The government seem to think football clubs are culturally significant enough to bring in a regulator and ban the joining of any super leagues. I can’t see why they would let a club like Everton fail if they think like that.

By the way, I am all for a super league now. I think it’s a natural progression and would actually be good for the English game. Only if the fans don’t follow it though. And if they do, English football has no right to exist anyway.

The supporters have all the power. I’d not follow Newcastle anymore if they joined a super league.
    Yes Bruno, to justify that you only need to look at poor Notts County in div 2, also the Magpies, and the oldest professional club in the entire world. In fact they had been going 30 years before we were established.

Almost went out of existence after the turn of the century and out of the league for 10 years shortly after that, but the are still around and trying to fight their way out of division 2.

There's no sentiment in the game from the powers that be. Only the supporters and wealthy believers keep crippled clubs afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by GBruno View Post

A Super League would suit TV more than supporters that go to matches home and away.How many supporters could afford or even have time off work perhaps 15 or more games a season to fly to the furthest away games.

The Super League is possibly the most idiotic idea I've come across in football - and there have been many attempts over the years from many sides, including UEFA, to establish silly tournament concepts, but the Super League has to be the most destructive, selfish, money-grabbing one of all time.

Also, I hope Everton go down.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    The Super League is possibly the most idiotic idea I've come across in football - and there have been many attempts over the years from many sides, including UEFA, to establish silly tournament concepts, but the Super League has to be the most destructive, selfish, money-grabbing one of all time.

Also, I hope Everton go down.
    I agree. It would destroy the hope of huge numbers of football supporters and clubs in one fell swoop in Europe. If your club cannot progress past a certain point and never be ‘great’ then what’s the point of wanting them to win?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)