+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The important thing about this is the fact it means the Florists will be staying up again!!!..
    With the 3 promoted clubs from last season looking ill equipped for the Prem and unlikely to last more than a season, that was always likely anyway? Harsh, but still only 2 points from safety. This bit caught my eye:

"The chair of the commission, David Phillips KC, also referenced applications for financial compensation from current Premier League clubs Burnley and Nottingham Forest and last season's relegated sides, Leicester City, Leeds United and Southampton.

Phillips said he was "satisfied that the applicant clubs have potential claims for compensation" - but noted the commission holds no "inherent jurisdiction" and it is instead "the role of the Premier League to bring and prosecute complaints".

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Thats good
    Totally agree the longer they stay in the PL the more they don’t play Saturday 3pm and people struggle to get tickets which helps kids become Notts fans,there are also another 70 PL games on Sky next season so more messing about for them.
    My dad took me to Notts in the early 70’s because he got pushed all over the place at Forest ..50 plus years ago
    I don’t want them to get near winning anything and happy for them to drop into the Championship in 2/4 years when we get promoted from Division 1 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    When the snake six tried to form a breakaway closed-shop cartel "superleague" without promotion or relegation that would have completely broken the English football pyramid, they got a tiny fine. Any notion of points deductions was quashed because it would be "unfair on the fans".

This seems completely disproportionate, especially as the penalty for going into administration is greater.
    That isnt what they did they tried to make sure they got European/CL footy each season it was nothing to do with PL.

Carragher spouted this bollox and nobody has pulled him up on it as this is modern day broadcasters for you.

Everton will obviously point to Chelsea/City who both are/were state owned and bending the rules they both should be relegated like Swindon all those years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That isnt what they did they tried to make sure they got European/CL footy each season it was nothing to do with PL.

Carragher spouted this bollox and nobody has pulled him up on it as this is modern day broadcasters for you.

Everton will obviously point to Chelsea/City who both are/were state owned and bending the rules they both should be relegated like Swindon all those years ago.
    What the Snake Six did has everything to do with the Premier League. Setting up breakaway "superleagues" was and is against the premier league's rules. They weren't just trying to have a different version of the Champions' League... they wanted to create a new, continent-wide "superleague" which would reduce each nation's current top division to a second tier competition. They wanted to turn the Premier League, Ligue 1, Serie A and so on to the status of Championship, Ligue 2, Serie B. And not just keeping themselves in there permanently... making it pretty much impossible for anyone else to ever compete.

Of course, most football fans hated the idea, including fans of the Snake Six (especially Chelsea, kudos to for "We want our wet Wednesday nights in Stoke" banner). But there's been a lot of revisionism since to forget it ever happened, or to minimise it as a dispute about the format of the CL. It wasn't. The whole episode was a disgrace. The penalty? Tiny fines.

Relegation would probably do them good. It's a risk of course, but there's plenty of examples of big clubs going down and coming back up stronger.

Last time they were in tier 2 there was still only one British TV channel, no motorways and nobody had yet heard of Elvis Presley!

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    What the Snake Six did has everything to do with the Premier League. Setting up breakaway "superleagues" was and is against the premier league's rules. They weren't just trying to have a different version of the Champions' League... they wanted to create a new, continent-wide "superleague" which would reduce each nation's current top division to a second tier competition. They wanted to turn the Premier League, Ligue 1, Serie A and so on to the status of Championship, Ligue 2, Serie B. And not just keeping themselves in there permanently... making it pretty much impossible for anyone else to ever compete.

Of course, most football fans hated the idea, including fans of the Snake Six (especially Chelsea, kudos to for "We want our wet Wednesday nights in Stoke" banner). But there's been a lot of revisionism since to forget it ever happened, or to minimise it as a dispute about the format of the CL. It wasn't. The whole episode was a disgrace. The penalty? Tiny fines.
    You said no promotion and relegation that is incorrect but yes they did want guaranteed CL money each season but I guess the main ones wanted to make sure the state clubs were sorted out as nobody can be daft enough to think it would be ok or work.

You could argue it is a closed shop anyway amongst top 6 probably 7 now Newcastle are state owned.

Everton punishment is fair as they haven’t denied anything to my knowledge but the other two have denied it or refusing to cooperate which is same thing really.

Derby Luton Wigan all had points docked in last few years and others too and they had no comeback.

Where Everton have a point is two others have committed worse offences and nothing has been done (I understand they have more charges but still 115 charges and yet everyone is up Peps a*se they are cheating it is as simple as that)

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    With the 3 promoted clubs from last season looking ill equipped for the Prem and unlikely to last more than a season, that was always likely anyway? Harsh, but still only 2 points from safety. This bit caught my eye:

"The chair of the commission, David Phillips KC, also referenced applications for financial compensation from current Premier League clubs Burnley and Nottingham Forest and last season's relegated sides, Leicester City, Leeds United and Southampton.

Phillips said he was "satisfied that the applicant clubs have potential claims for compensation" - but noted the commission holds no "inherent jurisdiction" and it is instead "the role of the Premier League to bring and prosecute complaints".
    This. I know no one likes them but I do as from Leeds and at the time they weren't happy. If you get to spend money you weren't allowed to and some of that goes on players/manager that keeps you up then they have every right to be pissed off.

We had munto and that was money we didn't have and other teams were angry which is fair. Didn't do us much good in the long run, same as Everton most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    We had munto and that was money we didn't have and other teams were angry which is fair. Didn't do us much good in the long run, same as Everton most likely.
    True but in our defence our people weren’t real and they were passed TWICE to my knowledge by the FL so imo they are at fault for our mess.

Like you say it had one season of promotion but several of us in big big trouble we almost went bust.

Yet they're still building an all sing all dancing lovely new ground by the Mersey...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast