+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Everton shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I have not looked at the fixtures but both Forest and Everton are surely staring further 6 point deductions in the face. Luton still have a good chance. Burnley and Sheff Utd are done for. In the meantime the main event of Man City goes on and on and on.
    Why ? Forest may only get 2-3 points 6 points isnt set in stone it depends on what you have done.

In any case Forest would just appeal the 6 points and get it reduced.

Luton do have a chance but id wager they'll go down.

Man City not getting anything makes it interesting as surely Everton/Forest will just say they have committed 115 offences so they are worse and they have a great point.

The PL seem to be hinting that Forest's breaches of the law are regarded as being quite serious so who knows what the punishment will be.

City however are in a different class altogether - if the cases against them are proven then they should not only get a points deduction but be stripped of any trophies they have won whilst cheating IMO

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    The PL seem to be hinting that Forest's breaches of the law are regarded as being quite serious so who knows what the punishment will be.

City however are in a different class altogether - if the cases against them are proven then they should not only get a points deduction but be stripped of any trophies they have won whilst cheating IMO
    Havent Forest gone £2-3m over their limit ? They argued by selling Johnson it helped them.

Now no doubt they have breached the rules but I really dont see them getting what Everton got and Everton have another charge too so could get more.

Man City along with Sheff Utd & Burnley should be going down their level of cheating is incredible its making Juventus look like fair play kings.

Its unlikely to be resolved at end of season unless the PL fix it so Luton just go down.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I have not looked at the fixtures but both Forest and Everton are surely staring further 6 point deductions in the face. Luton still have a good chance. Burnley and Sheff Utd are done for. In the meantime the main event of Man City goes on and on and on.
    Everton have already had six points deducted, and the new sanction covers most of the same period of time. It's not quite 'double jeopardy' but it's a basic principle that you don't get repeatedly punished for the same offence. It might depend on what the new season not covered in the previous period looks like in terms of losses, but I'd expect either no further sanction or a maximum 2 further if they think that 2/3 of the period in question is already covered. But really... who knows??

It's not obvious to me why Forest would be deducted any fewer points than Everton... their main argument appears to be that if they sold a player earlier they'd have got less money... but Everton have already been unsuccessful in trying to claim that they had to sell Richarlison for below his actual value to meet accounting deadlines. So it's hard to see why this would work for them. I think there's some sort of claim that their status as a promoted club unfairly counts against them, but it's hard to see that sticking given the sheer amount they appear to have spent.

The newer judgement sets aside the old one as it was flawed... there was simply no basis or precedent for a ten point deduction... they just made it up as they went along. The new judgement draws upon EFL and other precedents and seems more robust and internally consistent. As an Everton fan I still think six points is harsh, but it's harder to argue with the reasoning (because there actually is some). Look forward to seeing how this applies to other teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Newish Pie View Post
    Everton have already had six points deducted, and the new sanction covers most of the same period of time. It's not quite 'double jeopardy' but it's a basic principle that you don't get repeatedly punished for the same offence. It might depend on what the new season not covered in the previous period looks like in terms of losses, but I'd expect either no further sanction or a maximum 2 further if they think that 2/3 of the period in question is already covered. But really... who knows??

It's not obvious to me why Forest would be deducted any fewer points than Everton... their main argument appears to be that if they sold a player earlier they'd have got less money... but Everton have already been unsuccessful in trying to claim that they had to sell Richarlison for below his actual value to meet accounting deadlines. So it's hard to see why this would work for them. I think there's some sort of claim that their status as a promoted club unfairly counts against them, but it's hard to see that sticking given the sheer amount they appear to have spent.

The newer judgement sets aside the old one as it was flawed... there was simply no basis or precedent for a ten point deduction... they just made it up as they went along. The new judgement draws upon EFL and other precedents and seems more robust and internally consistent. As an Everton fan I still think six points is harsh, but it's harder to argue with the reasoning (because there actually is some). Look forward to seeing how this applies to other teams...
    Everton have been very very lucky as had they got this last season when the offence was done they would have gone down if they only had a 2 point deduction.

Everton will be fine as the teams who came up are simply not good enough.

Still Man City followed by Chelsea should be being looked into but when you let countries takeover clubs what do you expect.

Newcastle will be very eager watching this as their owners have 80%+ of all the money in the PL so you can imagine what they will do then.

In short English football is 100% corrupt there is simply no doubt about it and our govt are involved in all this too.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456