+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton shocker!

Everton shocker!

When the snake six tried to form a breakaway closed-shop cartel "superleague" without promotion or relegation that would have completely broken the English football pyramid, they got a tiny fine. Any notion of points deductions was quashed because it would be "unfair on the fans".

This seems completely disproportionate, especially as the penalty for going into administration is greater.

I'll be amazed if they don't appeal it and get it halved.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I'll be amazed if they don't appeal it and get it halved.
    The fact that Chelsea and Man City can get away with fiddling their books says it all..

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    The fact that Chelsea and Man City can get away with fiddling their books says it all..
    I think the investigation into those two is still ongoing because they are not assisting the investigation and have lawyers all over it, but if found guilty Man City may only win the league by a couple of points!

The trouble with this financial doping is that it brings the integrity of the competition into doubt, which is why the punishment for going into Admin is so big. The other thing is that the advantage these teams get lasts for many many seasons after the original offence. There should be an onus on tea to demonstrate why they comply with the rules, rather than the authorities needing to prove that they aren't (a bit like Health and Safety law where the employer has to demonstrate how they had a situation was safe - almost impossible after an accident).

The important thing about this is the fact it means the Florists will be staying up again!!!..

If City and Chelsea are found guilty in years to come (it will probably take that long) I am certain they will punished. The legal fall out from that however will also take years in appeals and court cases for compensation etc. Along with VAR the top flight of our football is heading towards an embarrassing farce in the future when its fairness as a competition is compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    The important thing about this is the fact it means the Florists will be staying up again!!!..
    Thats good

Quote Originally Posted by Magpike View Post
    If City and Chelsea are found guilty in years to come (it will probably take that long) I am certain they will punished. The legal fall out from that however will also take years in appeals and court cases for compensation etc. Along with VAR the top flight of our football is heading towards an embarrassing farce in the future when its fairness as a competition is compromised.
    I agree... in Rugby Union Saracen's persistent cheating indirectly caused the demise of 3 clubs as they over spent trying to be competitive. Somehow, despite reduced salary cap they can still field a team of internationals. The rugby Premiership competition has little credibility anymore and this will be reflected in a much reduced TV deal next season, putting further pressure on clubs' stretched finances. Leicester could easily be one of the next batch of clubs to fold (probably at / towards the end of the season if this new 'reset' doesn't work). I don't think anyone in the RFU thought...... about how important the integrity of the competition is, they just wanted a team with loads of stars competing in the leading European Competition and were willing to turn a blind eye to get that. I hope the PFL learn from their arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Thats good
    How long did it take you to learn the words to the song "mull of kintyre".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast