+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spunky Malta

Spunky Malta

Looking ok considering their FIFA ranking. Like the Mbong's handy players. Technically sound. I love to see tiny countries doing their best despite their lack of numbers. I notice San Marino scored again the other day. Lost 3-1 but there can be years in between a goal for these clubs. What great supporters as well.
    This game should be 0-0 at half time. An own goal from Malta. Enjoyed watching them.
    Last edited by boingy; 17-11-2023 at 08:34 PM.

Did I imagine it but did Rice have a goal disallowed, if so why?

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Did I imagine it but did Rice have a goal disallowed, if so why?
    Yes he did but we had about 3 players offside.

Saw the thread title and thought Mick was back

There are some League Two games on today (and one League One, I believe) but you would never know it from the media or the BBC, who are obsessed with meaningless internationals and Premier League issues. Any League Two match would make better viewing than an England game. Last weekend, ITV (who are utter sh!te at sport) relegated the Football League highlights programme in favour of a Spanish league match; maybe someone should point out to them that we are not in Spain and to prioritise Spanish football over English matches is just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    There are some League Two games on today (and one League One, I believe) but you would never know it from the media or the BBC, who are obsessed with meaningless internationals and Premier League issues. Any League Two match would make better viewing than an England game. Last weekend, ITV (who are utter sh!te at sport) relegated the Football League highlights programme in favour of a Spanish league match; maybe someone should point out to them that we are not in Spain and to prioritise Spanish football over English matches is just plain ignorant.
    I could never understand why the Scottish leagues got so much attention. Often over and above the championship which are teams local to us.

D'ya England would have beaten Gibraltar 14-0??

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    D'ya England would have beaten Gibraltar 14-0??
    No.

There may have been an obviously massive gulf in quality between the two teams (that actually made me feel sorry for Gibraltar tbh) but France showed a clinical approach throughout the game that England could never match. Plus, of course, they have some outstanding players as well.

I think we have outstanding players and there’s not a lot of difference between us and France. We are in the top 5 in the world. Let’s not forget that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)