+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton docked 10 points

Everton docked 10 points

So Everton docked 10 pts for FFP breaches.

Started investigating earlier this year similar time to man city. But city seems to be dragging on. What's the bet that nothing will ever come of city's investigation because it will embarrass the PL too much to do so.

Other clubs threatening to sue Everton, well done EFL by creating a precedent by not telling Boro to do one.

The football authorities deserve all the **** they will get over the next few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    So Everton docked 10 pts for FFP breaches.

Started investigating earlier this year similar time to man city. But city seems to be dragging on. What's the bet that nothing will ever come of city's investigation because it will embarrass the PL too much to do so.

Other clubs threatening to sue Everton, well done EFL by creating a precedent by not telling Boro to do one.

The football authorities deserve all the **** they will get over the next few seasons.
    Burnley, Leeds and Leicester confirmed their intention to sue Everton a total of £300m

As I understand it, Everton's SINGLE and only charge is related to interest payments on their new and not yet in use stadium. The commission report mentions the fact that it had absolutely zero influence on sporting performances.

I don't see those clubs having a leg to stand on.

Is the PL dragging its feet on Citeh. Possibly not. Everton had just the one charge to answer. Citeh have in excess of 100. Little wonder its taking time to put together.

For some bizarre reason Forest are also one of 5 clubs who may sue.

Ah...the famous football community. Don’t you just love ‘em? Always there for each other...never to be seen picking bits off from the wreckage of other’s misfortune!
    Ironically...I doubt the points deduction is going to make much difference to Everton in the current circumstances, still only makes them about one win from safety...whereas last season...they’d have gone!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 18-11-2023 at 11:05 AM.

Everton also stating they will monitor closely the outcome of other investigations, so presumably City and Chelsea. The PL will need to tread carefully on those two, on the one hand City in particular will challenge any and every decision if negative (and they have the oil wells to finance it!) whilst the Toffees will be on their backs if, as Sith says, they only rap knuckles.
    Ah the football family rA, rats in a sewer springs to mind!

Yes I think the poor quality of the bottom 3 will save them. I still very much doubt City will receive a severe punishment, it will only embarrass the PL if the best team of the past decade plus are proven to have broken the rules so severely.

What can they do? Dock them points now? it still destroys the integrity of the league as it hugely devalues the past decade plus of the competition. They could go all lance Armstrong and strip them of the trophies won but what a mess that would be to unravel. Either outcome opens up potential for no end of clubs to sue, especially if the PL allow Everton to be sued.

It's why I think it will quietly go away with city maybe getting a fine for some minor charge of lack of clarity on accounts or something.

Yes I think the poor quality of the bottom 3 will save them. I still very much doubt City will receive a severe punishment, it will only embarrass the PL if the best team of the past decade plus are proven to have broken the rules so severely.

What can they do? Dock them points now? it still destroys the integrity of the league as it hugely devalues the past decade plus of the competition. They could go all lance Armstrong and strip them of the trophies won but what a mess that would be to unravel. Either outcome opens up potential for no end of clubs to sue, especially if the PL allow Everton to be sued.

It's why I think it will quietly go away with city maybe getting a fine for some minor charge of lack of clarity on accounts or something.
    City will probably get a ten point penalty when they’re ten points clear with a month of the season to play. Spice up the season’s climax for once...not that I’m cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    City will probably get a ten point penalty when they’re ten points clear with a month of the season to play. Spice up the season’s climax for once...not that I’m cynical.
    Maybe, I still think any points deduction is a tacit admittance that their trophies in the spell were tainted and opens up the possibility of legal action. I don't think it will be that severe a penalty.

Maybe, I still think any points deduction is a tacit admittance that their trophies in the spell were tainted and opens up the possibility of legal action. I don't think it will be that severe a penalty.
    On the other hand, if the Toffees got -10 for one offence, as Citeh are facing 109, surely anything other than -1090 would see Everton go ballistic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)