+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Colvin shares his DFC journey

Bill Colvin shares his DFC journey

I enclose an article emailed to all Dee4life members last Friday and posted in the News section of the Dee4life website where Bill Colvin shares his DFC journey. https://dee4life.com/2023/11/17/it-w...undee-journey/
    It is well worth a read.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I enclose an article emailed to all Dee4life members last Friday and posted in the News section of the Dee4life website where Bill Colvin shares his DFC journey. https://dee4life.com/2023/11/17/it-w...undee-journey/
    It is well worth a read.
    Really good read.

Pity Dee4life went down the road they did, after all the good work, I wonder what Bill would think now

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Pity Dee4life went down the road they did, after all the good work, I wonder what Bill would think now
    Did you read the full article? Re-read the bit that says

"I think it is important there are supporters’ organisations like Dee4Life looking out for fans and asking questions. I know from speaking to Kenny how hard he and the current Dee4Life board are working to ensure Dundee fans have a voice so I would encourage as many as possible to join up.”

Bill didn't say that five or ten years ago, that's his thoughts right now. Sounds like he's right behind Dee4Life.

Having said that of course, for me, it is a pity Dee4Life went down the roads of keeping Forbes on board for so long, appointing Tott and then threatening legal action against the club. Those three aberrations are historic though and maybe we should all move on and try to forget. We all make mistakes don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

"I think it is important there are supporters’ organisations like Dee4Life looking out for fans and asking questions. I know from speaking to Kenny how hard he and the current Dee4Life board are working to ensure Dundee fans have a voice so I would encourage as many as possible to join up.”

Bill didn't say that five or ten years ago, that's his thoughts right now. Sounds like he's right behind Dee4Life.

Having said that of course, for me, it is a pity Dee4Life went down the roads of keeping Forbes on board for so long, appointing Tott and then threatening legal action against the club. Those three aberrations are historic though and maybe we should all move on and try to forget. We all make mistakes don't we?

I did read the full article, and I am a paid member, the man’s to nice to criticise, I just wonder what his thoughts are on the direction they took, imo some were hell bent on running the club themselves, but for the power of the fans thankfully they didn’t get to

there was No threat of legal action against the club,at the agm it was agreed that the statement would be re written,it was down to interpretation,i read it as no threat,the legal part was and always has been a tool to use to stop say merging with that shower down the rd

Great gesture by Leigh Griffith's and Craig Forsyth.👍

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    there was No threat of legal action against the club,at the agm it was agreed that the statement would be re written,it was down to interpretation,i read it as no threat,the legal part was and always has been a tool to use to stop say merging with that shower down the rd
    Good explanation of how law might be involved.

Nobody complained when I was appointed an official volunteer at Dee4life.
    I agreed to become a Co-opted Dee4life director because Bob Hynd and Ian Baird had resigned as Dee4life directors resulting in the number of directors falling below the minimum number in their rules.
    Had I not done so the remaining directors would have had to call a General Meeting to try to get at least one new director to bring the number up to the minimum of five directors.
    The Dee4life members could have voted me out at the next AGM if seven members had put their names forward to stand for election to become a Dee4life director as the maximum number of directors on the Dee4life board of directors is 11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)