+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: O/T Peter Sutcliffe (Yorkshire Ripper)

  1. #1

    O/T Peter Sutcliffe (Yorkshire Ripper)

    Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    Is there a Dorchester Road in Canklow? Blimey a bit close to home!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by millersrkillers View Post
    Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    Is there a Dorchester Road in Canklow? Blimey a bit close to home!
    There's one in Donny but not Rotherham as far as I know

    Sutcliffe was a delivery driver so had lots of practice getting addresses wrong.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by millersrkillers View Post
    Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    Is there a Dorchester Road in Canklow? Blimey a bit close to home!
    I've recently caught up with the recent dramatisation "the long shadow" and noticed that Rotherham address he gave.
    I wondered myself if it ws a real street.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    21,970
    I was joining the police not long after he was caught, they asked me what I thought about it.
    I said 3 million man hours, goose chase for a Geordie, over a ton of paper work, he was questioned on no end of occasions..
    After all that he was collared by a Bobby doing a routine check.

  5. #5
    I`m more worried about the OP`s user name,given the subject matter !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,089
    If ever there was a case for the death penalty this is it. No, let's feed him and help him for the next 30 odd years.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    If ever there was a case for the death penalty this is it. No, let's feed him and help him for the next 30 odd years.
    Then covid did the job for us

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    7,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Then covid did the job for us
    Thank goodness. Otherwise he'd have probably ended up as a Redcoat at Butlins on his release.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    38,526
    Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Thank goodness. Otherwise he'd have probably ended up as a Redcoat at Butlins on his release.
    Hi-dee-I

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    38,526
    Quote Originally Posted by millersrkillers View Post
    Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    Is there a Dorchester Road in Canklow? Blimey a bit close to home!
    I watched the last ITV series during the week. It was mentioned in that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •