+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Peter Sutcliffe (Yorkshire Ripper)

O/T Peter Sutcliffe (Yorkshire Ripper)

Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    Is there a Dorchester Road in Canklow? Blimey a bit close to home!

Quote Originally Posted by millersrkillers View Post
    Just read in the paper that before he was arrested in Sheffield, he was found in a car with a young lady and was asked questions by the young bobby. The bobby asked him his name and address, to which he replied: `Peter Sutcliffe, 147 Dorchester Road, Canklow, Rotherham`.
    There's one in Donny but not Rotherham as far as I know

Sutcliffe was a delivery driver so had lots of practice getting addresses wrong.

I've recently caught up with the recent dramatisation "the long shadow" and noticed that Rotherham address he gave.
    I wondered myself if it ws a real street.

I was joining the police not long after he was caught, they asked me what I thought about it.
    I said 3 million man hours, goose chase for a Geordie, over a ton of paper work, he was questioned on no end of occasions..
    After all that he was collared by a Bobby doing a routine check.

I`m more worried about the OP`s user name,given the subject matter !

If ever there was a case for the death penalty this is it. No, let's feed him and help him for the next 30 odd years.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    If ever there was a case for the death penalty this is it. No, let's feed him and help him for the next 30 odd years.
    Then covid did the job for us

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Then covid did the job for us
    Thank goodness. Otherwise he'd have probably ended up as a Redcoat at Butlins on his release.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Thank goodness. Otherwise he'd have probably ended up as a Redcoat at Butlins on his release.
    Hi-dee-I

I watched the last ITV series during the week. It was mentioned in that.