+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PL Rules and Everton fallout

PL Rules and Everton fallout

yes they got docked 10 points but this may only be the start for them.

Saw a post on social media and if its true Everton are completely screwed

The Premier League rules and judgement states that if any other team feel as though Everton had an unfair sporting advantage over them because of their cheating, then they can seek compensation.

So Burnley can sue them for £100m after they were relegated in 21/22
    Leicester can sue them for £100m after they were relegated in 22/23

Also every team that finished below them (18 in total) over the last 3 years spanning 4 seasons will be entitled to roughly £2.2m per place they would have been higher in the PL

PLUS any team that Everton beat during this time can also sue them if 3 points would have had that team higher up in the table whilst Everton cheated and had an unfair sporting advantage

Plus clubs like Leicester that were beaten by Everton in this period they had an unfair advantage. Leicester can contest that 3 additional points they lost to Everton would have had them qualify for the Champions league and all that extra money

ooof this could be the begining of the end for them and possibly FFP

Surely clubs like Chelsea and Forest will fail FFP with their spending

Chelsea is classed as "the big 6".. nothing will happen to them..

Usually I'd agree but they may want to make an example of sorts of the big 6 and Chelsea are best placed for that to happen in my opinion, I know City have worse charges against them but I really think that nothing will happen there with them. To much external politic tied up in the ownership and our govt. interests.

I dunno. I get the feeeling that Chelsea have stretched the rules to the point of breaking with their 8 year deals...but stopped just shy of actually breaking them.

Twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I dunno. I get the feeeling that Chelsea have stretched the rules to the point of breaking with their 8 year deals...but stopped just shy of actually breaking them.

Twats.
    Talk is the Prem are going back to Abramovitches reign.

Prem apperently going back to 2008 and looking at some agent decisions and payments around Defoe and Spuds as well.

If that is the case and they are going 15 years back, a few clubs could we be getting a bit sweaty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Prem apperently going back to 2008 and looking at some agent decisions and payments around Defoe and Spuds as well.

If that is the case and they are going 15 years back, a few clubs could we be getting a bit sweaty.
    Sure as fucck Ashley has kept us safe going back 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Sure as fucck Ashley has kept us safe going back 15 years.
    Aye he wasn't guilty of overspending. Just taking it out on his and his family's behalf.

Everton will appeal and probably get a reduction. 10 points for overspending 19 mil, thats way to harsh.

Everton will get sued by Leicester and Burnely for £200 mil? For overspending £19 mil? Never in a million years.

As for City, they will get away with it. As will Chelsea.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)