+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Third Division games on Saturday

Third Division games on Saturday

Third Division clubs must be bristling with international quality players as only two games take place tomorrow--

Blackpool-v-Shrewsbury
    Stevenage-v-Lincoln

A win for Blackpool puts them on 27 pts, equal to Barnsley, but Reds have better GD

A win for Stevenage puts them 4th, five points clear of Barnsley.

A win for Lincoln puts them on 26pts, a point behind Barnsley, leaving the possibility of them overtaking us a week on Saturday.

Conclusion --best day for Reds would be a Blackpool home defeat and a Stevenage-v-Lincoln draw. Otherwise the chasing pack in 8th and 9th get closer and closer. Even 12th placed Wycombe are only five points behind. We could all be doomed, a' tell y'er, doomed. The thundering hooves behind get louder.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 17-11-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Blackpool 4 Shrewsbury 0

Stevenage 1 Lincoln 0

Some are even suggesting the "automatic mate, Play Offs at least" position may not be that "nailed on".

Go Well Neill and Jon's Men's Team

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Blackpool 4 Shrewsbury 0

Stevenage 1 Lincoln 0

Some are even suggesting the "automatic mate, Play Offs at least" position may not be that "nailed on".

Go Well Neill and Jon's Men's Team
    Without an effective defence and some tactical nouse on the sidelines youre going nowhere, except mediocrity, fast.

Xmas and January window becoming more and more crucial for us I think.

I actually dropped down a division & watched two games today , I watched Notts County v Bradford City followed by Accrington Stanley v Wrexham & thoroughly enjoyed them both , the standard surprised me & to be honest I saw no real difference between the standards of division one & two ,all be it I have only seen these two matches this season in the bottom division & might have been fortunate with my choices but speak as I find & I thought they were both very entertaining.

Talk of Promotion and Playoffs often generates optimism for supporters of teams that play when others don’t.
    Not talking of the optimism for us on Grove Street mind.
    I see Lincoln play again on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Talk of Promotion and Playoffs often generates optimism for supporters of teams that play when others don’t.
    Not talking of the optimism for us on Grove Street mind.
    I see Lincoln play again on Tuesday.
    Indeed Poggs.

Orient-v-Lincoln tonight (Tuesday).

A win for Lincoln takes them up to 26 pts, just a point below the high flying Reds and a chance to overtake them on Saturday.

A win for Orient, presently 13th and above 16th placed Shrewsbury only on GD, takes Orient up to 23pts, just 4pts behind the Reds.

The thundering hooves of the pack behind get louder. Defeat at Lincoln would send all kinds of signals out to the league, and football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Indeed Poggs.

Orient-v-Lincoln tonight (Tuesday).

A win for Lincoln takes them up to 26 pts, just a point below the high flying Reds and a chance to overtake them on Saturday.

A win for Orient, presently 13th and above 16th placed Shrewsbury only on GD, takes Orient up to 23pts, just 4pts behind the Reds.

The thundering hooves of the pack behind get louder. Defeat at Lincoln would send all kinds of signals out to the league, and football in general.
    Orient 0 Lincoln 1