+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Unless you're a KC, Swale, in which case he'd never forget it ��
    Ha, ha...a KC would have already earned that ‘weekly uplift’ by about 11.00 am this morning, GP.

Seriously though...I was just suggesting that being an established first teamer playing in front of 28k every other weekend might be more attractive than being in a top side’s reserves. We’ll see. I rate Cash highly in terms of both attitude and ability. Some way of Premier League quality as yet I’d have thought.

In a top sides' reserves? "West Ham, Sheffield Utd, Burnley and Boro’ now allegedly joining Birmingham and Brighton" ??

I'll give you higher level, but I'm not sure I'd define any of those as "top sides". Career development wise starting for a promotion chasing 3rd division team would be better than sat in the reserves of a struggling (in at least half those cases) higher level team. Cash of course is king but he's young enough IMHO to stay where he is for another 18 months to build his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    In a top sides' reserves? "West Ham, Sheffield Utd, Burnley and Boro’ now allegedly joining Birmingham and Brighton" ??

I'll give you higher level, but I'm not sure I'd define any of those as "top sides". Career development wise starting for a promotion chasing 3rd division team would be better than sat in the reserves of a struggling (in at least half those cases) higher level team. Cash of course is king but he's young enough IMHO to stay where he is for another 18 months to build his reputation.
    It’s all relative, GP and four of those six sides do play at the ‘top’ level...but the point you make about ‘career development’ is exactly the one I was making...so I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It’s all relative, GP and four of those six sides do play at the ‘top’ level...but the point you make about ‘career development’ is exactly the one I was making...so I agree.
    I'd class West Ham and Brighton as a top side compared to Derby at this moment in time and for the foreseeable future. Brighton especially seem to have a knack of developing young players, so yes he may well be a reserve team player, possibly loaned out to a championship side for a season, but on a salary of what £15 - 20k, compared to £5k now plus a percentage of transfer revenue or whatever bonus is offered and playing at higher level not sure that would be detrimental to his career development.

He'd see it as both career progression/development and cash uplift so not sure staying at Derby for 18 months would be "better" for him if he had a chance to join either of those two clubs, the others, not so much.

Much as I like the guy, well, his potential anyway, I think it's time for Sibs to get a move to a club where he'll get a run of games in the #10 role to see if he can become the player many thought he would be.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Much as I like the guy, well, his potential anyway, I think it's time for Sibs to get a move to a club where he'll get a run of games in the #10 role to see if he can become the player many thought he would be.
    Mm been disappointed with him this season and presumably the reason he isn't getting a run of games is that he has failed to deliver? He is one player I'd be happy to see sold tbh.

More rumours - Divin Mubama 18 a striker at West Ham on loan.

Also according to tintnernet Cashin is on 3.8k a week - suggests it wouldn't be hard to tempt him away in January?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Also according to tintnernet Cashin is on 3.8k a week - suggests it wouldn't be hard to tempt him away in January?
    If, as has mooted on "social" media, we have an option we can trigger, I'd say keep him and sell on the summer if we don't go up.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Yep...a mere £197,000 + per year for being a very decent L1 CD. How can he cope?
    Take your point, but agreeing with MA...keep him till the end of the season and see where we are then.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yep...a mere £197,000 + per year for being a very decent L1 CD. How can he cope?
    Take your point, but agreeing with MA...keep him till the end of the season and see where we are then.
    If he wants to stay then fine and of course IF we have an option to extend, if not then we either sell in Jan or risk a tribunal fee in the summer.

Yeah I know rA, nearly £200k per annum and thats a League 1 wage, truly the world has gone mad and no wonder clubs are struggling to survive! But Brighton or West ham will offer a minimum of £20K per week, probably more with increases according to first team appearances, really can't see him staying at Derby if an offer like that comes in.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)