+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: January Transfers & Rumours

Pleased to wake up to the news that the best striker ever to do it in the National League is still a Notts player. Enjoy him while you can Pies. ⚫⚪

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Robertson, Ashby-Hammond, Warner, Colkett, Jatta...

Yeah, everything that was being asked for in terms of position and age of players.
    That's on paper of course, but as a minimum it's added immediate competition for places.
    Macari as well who I think is seen more as one for the future but shown real promise.

Having kept everyone, it's a good window. Good mix of profiles - couple who seem intended to go in and improve the starting xi in Robertson and Warner, future prospect in Macari, one of our little rebuild a career that's gone off the rails projects in Colkett that's low risk/high reward, and an exciting unknown in Jatta. Certainly looks more depth and competition for places than there was a few weeks ago.

I didn't think about Maca leaving for 1 second during this window. I just assumed he was staying.

Part of that is that I'm dubious about the market for him. Clubs will look at his age and when scouting him they'll be sceptical about his all-round contribution (largely down to LW's use of him). He bagged the NL record last year, but in the big showpiece games at the end, which may have been heavily scouted, he had some of his worst, most anonymous games. Some teams will be looking for the full package and fearful of spending big on just a goalscorer. If the goals dry up, what will they be left with for their investment, they'll be asking themselves.

Maca needs to keep on scoring, get to the 30 mark and then there will have to be market for him over the summer. Teams who play the LW way like er...Swansea, maybe Bristol City, will value his main strength and take the plunge.

Or he could be playing one level up with one of the bigger L1 clubs ....like Notts County

I didn't think about Maca leaving for 1 second during this window. I just assumed he was staying.

Part of that is that I'm dubious about the market for him. Clubs will look at his age and when scouting him they'll be sceptical about his all-round contribution (largely down to LW's use of him). He bagged the NL record last year, but in the big showpiece games at the end, which may have been heavily scouted, he had some of his worst, most anonymous games. Some teams will be looking for the full package and fearful of spending big on just a goalscorer. If the goals dry up, what will they be left with for their investment, they'll be asking themselves.

Maca needs to keep on scoring, get to the 30 mark and then there will have to be market for him over the summer. Teams who play the LW way like er...Swansea, maybe Bristol City, will value his main strength and take the plunge.

Or he could be playing one level up with one of the bigger L1 clubs ....like Notts County
    Scouts & data will be on him for every game plus lets not forget he was likely double marked.

Id say playing well in the not so high profile is also a good sign as it shows he is on it for all games not just biggies.

What he gives teams is hunger, goalscorer, hard worker and good injury record.

Imo he wil go in the summer and that has always been my thinking....I HOPE I AM WRONG!

I was very pleased to wake up also. And to this news! I was worried last night to see his odds of a Boro move going to 4-5 AND his twitter account being deleted. Ominous but thankfully all passed.... COYP!

I had doubts over him this year but they’ve gone now. Strikers that are brave and have the intelligence to get in front of defenders when fed are few and far apart. I do think he can actually do a bit more than we use him too as we saw when he dropped deep.
    I think you have to look at this window as very positive, to keep hold of Langstaff and Jones shows ambition, I’d be shocked if there wasn’t firm enquiries/offers for them.

I'm pleased we kept Macca too... and Jones in particular. I really thought he was going to Middlesbrough when I saw that signing. I'm also pleased to wake up this morning, that's always a nice surprise.

You have to be a blind man not to be able see Macca is a class player.! But then again i remember some fans on here calling for Grealish to be dropped when he was with us...!! The thing with Macca is he is being wasted the way Williams played him, hes more than just a goal hanger !!

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859