+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I was the complete opposite, could do the practical, hands on stuff with my eyes closed but never had the gift of the gab. Also discovered later in life that I could do the academic stuff pretty well so did a Masters Degree - still can't talk to people I don't know though. My current job suits me because it's mostly people with practical and engineering backgrounds with a grasp on what I see as reality and who just want the job done same as I do that I deal direct with. Obviously there are others in my working environment who are less practically inclined but I avoid them where I can.

I know you're happily retired but in all honesty I don't see myself ever wanting to stop working, I just enjoy it too much. Maybe the travel helps, even though I whinge like **** about it.
    😂😂😂

You musta thought wha the **** is this gob ****e when I've barged into your conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    😂😂😂

You musta thought wha the **** is this gob ****e when I've barged into your conversations.
    And if I was still doing what I did between 89 and 01 I wuda probably still been working but technology and the internet destroyed it.

I don't blame the inventor of the internet for ****ing me up though.

I only decided to save like **** as I had 6 years of hell working 90 hours a week with *******s I cudnae stand for the bank that liked to say yes.......if I was doing that there had to be an end game.......it was either death or retirement.

My prediction in years to come the state pension will be means tested .

Disgusting but I think it will happen.

Triple lock will be the policy that will deny your children and grand children their state pension.
    Sadly I think your right , look after the work shy and the ones who blow all their money , and nothing for those who work hard and look after their money

������

If someone I don't know 'barges in' during a conversation I usually just shut up, back off and think nothing of it - I do try to suss them out though and like to think I'm a decent judge of character. Only ever judged one person as a **** after he barged into a conversation and told people I thought he was a ****, couple of years down the line and it turned out he was the biggest **** I've ever met.

You wouldn't think it with the pish I spout on here but I'm the quiet type in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    If someone I don't know 'barges in' during a conversation I usually just shut up, back off and think nothing of it - I do try to suss them out though and like to think I'm a decent judge of character. Only ever judged one person as a **** after he barged into a conversation and told people I thought he was a ****, couple of years down the line and it turned out he was the biggest **** I've ever met.

You wouldn't think it with the pish I spout on here but I'm the quiet type in real life.
    Yeah you pretty much did, cple of hmmms and odd nod of agreement.....and a silent look to say is he gonna stop talking......Dundee had just been ****ed over by well with an absolute dreadful insipid performance .....think I blamed a lot of it on Linda......nothing changes. 😄

Centenary bar if my memory is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainlanddee View Post
    Sadly I think your right , look after the work shy and the ones who blow all their money , and nothing for those who work hard and look after their money
    I really believe everyone shud get the state pension.......but these huge rises means that it will become increasingly unaffordable.

I think a large jump in pension age may come first ....maybe 70 or 72......again something I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Nobody in the industries you've named or in any industry is entitled to have a comfortable life at the taxpayers expense. Boys the same age as me who worked at Rosyth dockyard or down the pits were coming home with double what I was earning in the building trade and had superannuation pensions which were outrageous. The country was hemorrhaging massive amounts of cash to these dinosaur industries and it HAD to stop or we were f&cked.
    So all those boys that were earning more than you didn't pay income tax???.. oh and we are ****ed thanks to those Tory B@stards

Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    So all those boys that were earning more than you didn't pay income tax???.. oh and we are ****ed thanks to those Tory B@stards
    Whose we

Those that are now mortgage free and own their properties?

Those that now enjoy several foreign holidays a year?

Those that run about in 20 to 30 k cars?

I'm really curious who this we are

Those that are now mortgage free and own their properties?

Those that now enjoy several foreign holidays a year?

Those that run about in 20 to 30 k cars?

I'm really curious who this we are
    You've got me curious now too...do you think that the majority have those things...I seen you saying you don't like going into the town centre because of the state of it and the people in it...do you think the schemes are better??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)