+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Spurs being investigated

Spurs being investigated

For the Defoe transfer.. apparently they used a bogus agent who was not registered with FIFA

This could get interesting.. at least we know we can't be investigated for anything during the Mike Ashley reign... he stayed well within FFP and all other rules, even HMRC couldn't find anything untoward

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    For the Defoe transfer.. apparently they used a bogus agent who was not registered with FIFA

This could get interesting.. at least we know we can't be investigated for anything during the Mike Ashley reign... he stayed well within FFP and all other rules, even HMRC couldn't find anything untoward
    https://talksport.com/football/1649179/

😁 Well, Well, Well, yes indeed! Looks like Levy could face a 1 yr ban, £250k fine plus spurs -10 points

Say what you want about Ashley, whilst he's a dodgy and thoroughly dislikeable character he knew exactly how to work the system. Right up to the line but never breaking it or crossing it.

Is that worthy of a sliver of credit? hahaha don't be daft :ha

How can you be so sure Ashley did everything the right way, just because he spent so little?

I wouldnt be surprised if the little he spent was through some shady deals to save money. Last man I would trust.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    How can you be so sure Ashley did everything the right way, just because he spent so little?

I wouldnt be surprised if the little he spent was through some shady deals to save money. Last man I would trust.
    Because HMRC and the EPL went through the clubs books and dealings over the Moussa Sissoko deal with a fine tooth comb. That was the most dubious of all of Ashley's dubious dealings and most likely to see us get hammered.
    They turned up nothing it was all legit. Well... as legit as the fire place puker can be I guess.

Amazing isn't it when someone as dodgy as Ashley is still squeaky clean to those in the world of professional footballs dark corridors of power!

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post

Because Ashley, although an absolute cock... is a very smart business man and there was o chance he was going to put himself under any limelight..

I once watched his court case around his running of Sports Direct and it was him in front of about 5 or 6 bodies who were grilling him and he ran rings around them, not saying he wasn't dodgy.. but I would say I was 99% sure he never crossed any lines, only pushed them a little to save money

This will get messy, it all stems from Daniel Levy. He didn't want Defoe to leave for free so instigated a transfer through the back door
    bypassing Defoe's agent.
    I hope they throw the book at him, ban him for 8 years from any football related matters, a good old points deduction for Spurs too.

The PL are doing their best to keep this independent regulator off their backs, i bet the PL have hundreds of skeletons in their closet,

corrupt big 6 clubs underhanded affairs that the PL knew about and turned a blind eye to. I see the greedy 6 have started to turn on each other too, a few wanting the Man City and Chelsea cases fast tracked

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    This will get messy, it all stems from Daniel Levy. He didn't want Defoe to leave for free so instigated a transfer through the back door
    bypassing Defoe's agent.
    I hope they throw the book at him, ban him for 8 years from any football related matters, a good old points deduction for Spurs too.

The PL are doing their best to keep this independent regulator off their backs, i bet the PL have hundreds of skeletons in their closet,

corrupt big 6 clubs underhanded affairs that the PL knew about and turned a blind eye to. I see the greedy 6 have started to turn on each other too, a few wanting the Man City and Chelsea cases fast tracked
    Seeing as they are going that far back surely there is a case for them to open up investigation to the 'Fergi' era of Man U? It was the worst kept secret in football that that man and his son were known as the 'suit case full of money kings'

Problem where does it end?

Clubs will be suing each other for legacy points lost. 6 points lost to Man U 10-15 yrs ago which could have changed the fortunes of NUFC for example and meant that we survived the drop on those two occasions could mean a £60-120m law suit.

It's gonna be a real mess that I complete agree with you about Tanya!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)