+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley out of the FA Cup

Barnsley out of the FA Cup

Over a admin error over a player's eligibility to play v Horsham,breakin news on beeb sport website.UTB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-11-2023 at 02:22 PM.

WE ARE A TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM AT THIS CLUB.

A statement from the club said: “Today the FA has advised us that we will no longer be able to participate in the FA Cup this season.

“An administrative error was brought to our attention regarding the eligibility of a player who played in last Tuesday's game with Horsham FC.

“The club has fully co-operated with the investigation and has accepted the FA’s decision.

“We have been in contact with Horsham FC and would like to thank the club and chairman for their understanding and cooperation throughout this process.

“We would like to apologise to our fans, players and staff for this regrettable error.

“This mistake - although unintentional - falls way below the high standards we set at this club and is simply not what you deserve.

“We have already conducted a full internal investigation and have subsequently put safeguards in place to ensure this will never happen again.”

“We would like to apologise to our fans, players and staff for this regrettable error.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 22-11-2023 at 02:32 PM.

Jokewell.

What a fqn shambles. You really couldn't make it up. A carn't speyk.

We claim to be a professional club in the third tier of the league but cannot get a simple team sheet correct. We are not talking about volunteers running a Sunday League team.

Where is Khaled ? "High standards" my arse.

Good luck to Horsham. A good short Saturday trip to south London for their fans. It's karma time for us messing them about for the original tie at Oakwell.

I hope Sutton or Horsham draw Man City/ Utd/ Arsenal in third round.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 22-11-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Can’t blame Mr Conway for this one

BBC Sport:
    Although Barnsley have not named the ineligible player, Football Association rules state only players who are eligible for the initial tie can feature in any replay in the FA Cup.

Forward Aiden Marsh was on loan at National League side York City when the first game took place on 3 November, before being recalled and then starting in the replay at Horsham on 14 November.

Int this the second admin error that’s cost us big time?

Not sure who was at the top of our pyramid when the last one occurred. However this one sits on the doorstep of the very amiable Mr el Ahmad. He’s been a top operator for us prior to this, signing the non league lads this summer ahead of other suitors and fierce competition.

The clubs a joke and the owners ought to show their faces, front up and confirm what they are going to do to professionalise us from top to bottom.

We’ve still got the other F A charge to face yet.

I’ll stand by my not a penny more view until they F off.

This after 5-1 drubbing from a lower table 4 th division outfit.

Nudge, can tha find summat positive to say cos I’m totally disillusioned?

Club Statement from Horsham FC

FA Cup 1st Round Proper Replay 14th Nov 2023 – Horsham FC vs Barnsley FC

The club acknowledges the decision of the Football Association to reinstate Horsham Football Club in the Emirates FA Cup 2023/24 competition.

This follows the confirmation by Barnsley FC that due to an administrative error, they fielded an ineligible player in the First Round Proper away replay against Horsham FC, which Barnsley won 0-3.

Subject to the outcome of any appeal by Barnsley FC against the FA ruling, Horsham FC will now face Sutton United in the FA Cup Second Round Proper fixture scheduled for Saturday 2nd December at 3pm at their Gander Green Lane ground.

Commenting on the news, Club Chairman Kevin Borrett said: “The Barnsley Chairman Neerav Parekh contacted me on Friday 17th November to make the club aware of the administrative error and FA consideration of the matter.

“I understand the immense disappointment that this decision by the FA would be to both Barnsley Football Club and its supporters. On behalf of HFC, I wish Barnsley FC every success in their pursuit of promotion back to the EFL Championship at the end of the 2023/24 season.”

Horsham FC expect to be able to confirm Emirates FA Cup Second Round Proper ticket arrangements against Sutton United in the next 48 hours.

Classy statement from Horsham.

They have come over as a really decent club.

Rank the following in a chart of El Ahmad c0ck ups--

Hex Sponsorship due diligence, Replica shirts Fanatics delivery, Moving ST holders from West Stand, Cancelling agreed friendlies, Expulsion from FA Cup, Non communication with fans, maybe a role in EFL Investigation issues.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast