+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd

Going out so will just say. Yes boys. Bloody brilliant.

The performance against higher league teams shows that we have the players to make the playoffs for the first division but also demonstrate the lack of consistency.for league games which lie at the manager's doorstep. Which is it Marvin?

Firstly, I must say that the entire team gave their all yesterday and they should be roundly applauded.
    Sadly, such a brilliant result was completely overshadowed by the tragic events which occurred just minutes after the final whistle.
    My thoughts are with all those affected.

Had my annual trip to Palemerston last week. For 40 mins wondered what all the fuss was about. Then probably the worse 2nd half display I've ever seen. Summed up by Ambrose losing the ball in midfield and just strolling back slowly to 'defend'. So to see yesterdays amazing result is pretty good & hopefully a corner is turned.
    Sadly, as Jardi said, I now read this great performance is overshadowed by the tragic after game events. A big well done to the emergency services, personnel from both clubs and supporters who stepped in to help.
    My condolences to all the families affected.

Yes condolences to the family and friends of the driver and a speedy recovery to the injured.
    The game itself was great. Harry Stone was fantastic throughout but the point-blank save from Moult and the extra time save from Mochrie were really incredible. Great to see wee Lee back at it. Him and McGuffie play well of each other. I thought McClelland played well as well. Kudos to Ross and young Ben Johnstone for taking the pressure penalty kicks.
    More of this effort and togetherness please.
    Let's hope for a different team in the cup. Wouldn't mind a wee trip to Brora.

Away to St Mirren but you never know with Queens and hopefully a big following up to Paisley ☺️

Boring draw but will probably head up. You never know.

What a difference a great win makes to everyone’s mood. That result at the weekend was so unexpected after our disastrous start to the season.
    Play with the same belief and determination against Hamilton this Saturday and we might just get a result.

If we play with the same determination and no nonsense defending, we will get a result alright. If you look at the stats, Utd had 35 shots, and of course we rode our luck, but we also made our luck, because there was no pitter-patter passing at the back, inviting the opposition to have a free shot.
    The defence blocked everything that was thrown at them, and then anything that did get through was saved time and again by our keeper. .......it was a 'Stone' wall defensive display, which was incredible to watch.
    To a man Queens played amazingly well, and it must be mentioned that Walker was a major thorn in the Dundee defence, who simply couldn't cope with his pace.
    Queens have proved how well they can play, and they just need to perform like that for 90 minutes a week and they will storm up the table.
    Players should be forced to watch the entire 120 minutes, not as a punishment, but as a brain washing exercise to cement pride in their achievement, but also to eliminate the doubts which had encamped in their minds.
    A few of the fans ( who have been highly critucal of late) knew they were under performing, but this was beyond our expectations.
    You've now shown what you can do, and so there's no excuse for lacklustre 90 minutes I'm afraid, because you are capable of giving 100% for 2 hours!
    No wonder Marvin was tearing his hair out in last week's interview, because he knew what they could do.
    Let's kick start this season, wipe the slate clean and move forward please.

Undoubtedly a vast improvement on recent weeks but I would post a word of caution. I remember the false dawn of optimism after the home draw with Falkirk a few weeks ago. Putting in the required commitment once in a blue moon is totally unacceptable. As Jardi says, the players proved on Saturday that they can compete, which begs the question, why are we not seeing this every week? I sincerely hope that the team can now reproduce this form in the forthcoming league matches and we start moving up the table.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)