+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee Utd

Dundee Utd

So the Scottish Cup brings the top team in the competition (at this point) to Palmerston, along with a healthy support.

If the Queens' team who turned up against Falkirk decide to perform, this could be a very interesting tie, - however if it's the 2nd half side who gave up against Kelty, - then we could be looking at a record defeat!

Thoughts folks?

Pumped

Not feeling super optimistic about the next 3 games ☹️

So looking good then!

I can only look on the positives and that is the opportunity to watch a good team and a top manager, - watch how he interacts on the touchline. Goodwin had his critics, and the Utd fans would have had him out in the summer if they'd had their way, - so at least at Palmerston the fans are patient, - but Marvin knows he's tested our patience beyond the limit.

The stark reality is that even if we play the best we possibly can, we still need Dundee to play at under par. However, this is the Scottish Cup, - and if the players can't fire themselves for this game, - (then Marvin is not blameless,) - but a lot of what he said in his last interview will stare us all in the face.

Like Marvin has suggested, - lounging about for 8 hours a day, staring at a phone would not be good for an OAP, - never mind a full time 'athlete.'

Football is a team game, as we all know, - and everyone has to play their part, - or the wheels fall off, - like they did last Saturday from 3.45 to 4.15pm. Against a team like Dundee Utd, - Queens will need to be laser focussed for 90 minutes, - or the score-line could be beyond embarrassing.

Maybe if Dundee United agree to play the match on the Xbox we may have a chance of springing a surprise!

Absolutely brilliant!

Your post should be printed out and left on each of the players pegs, - that should shake off their unprofessional attitude!

Away win.

It's a cracking forecast for Saturday, - cold but sunny.

I would now normally be there but suffering from Sciatica coupled with the teams demise and the cold weather I think that I will reluctantly give it a miss but will listen in obviously intently. I sincerely hope that Marvin can turn it around but doubt it given his last interview which suggest that he has lost the dressing room but then again he may turn it around. Thoughts please?

I've been at Glasgow airport this morning dropping my son off who is heading off to stay with his brother in Canada for a week, - and I met and spoke to a few Dundee Utd fans at the Bothwell Services - who are a little nervous about the game, - which surprised me.

However, for them the Falkirk game was a wake up call, - and they know that we drew with Falkirk, - hence the nervousness.

I think Spike that Marvin's risked his entire managerial career by throwing the whole squad under the bus, - but given that we all know about their off field activities, - it may just be the kick up the backside they needed.

We shall see in a little over 2 hours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)