+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Have to go Doon toon

Have to go Doon toon

Today, never a pleasant experience.

Always find it pretty miserable.

Try to avoid unless it involves a few don revies

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Today, never a pleasant experience.

Always find it pretty miserable.
    Thought that'd suit a miserable old codger like you?

I rarely go into town; only if I absolutely have to, nothing there except beggars and gadgies.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Thought that'd suit a miserable old codger like you?

I rarely go into town; only if I absolutely have to, nothing there except beggars and gadgies.
    It makes coming home even better. 😄

More than anything I find the place extremely dirty.

It makes coming home even better. ��

More than anything I find the place extremely dirty.
    Strange you say that - I was in Italy this week and speaking to an Italian guy (originally from Rome but now living in Lecco) who was saying he dislikes Rome, his home town, because it's so dirty. I've never been to Rome but dirty isn't a word I've heard used by people I know who have been there. I wonder if we maybe just expect better of our home cities and are happy to accept lower standards in other cities?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Strange you say that - I was in Italy this week and speaking to an Italian guy (originally from Rome but now living in Lecco) who was saying he dislikes Rome, his home town, because it's so dirty. I've never been to Rome but dirty isn't a word I've heard used by people I know who have been there. I wonder if we maybe just expect better of our home cities and are happy to accept lower standards in other cities?
    I always considered the canaries fairly dirty but been over 4 times this year, all the main islands and now far cleaner than most Scottish cities I visit.

The sunshine......cud be ......but genuinely don't think so.

Even found benidorm a bit more kept than over here.

Anyway 2pm toon appt looms

As bad as I thought it would be 😔

Ghost town.

Interesting day though.

4 loonies going along Seagate looking for a confrontation with anyone who looked in their direction, junkie came in begging to coffee shop I was in, reasonably profitable couple of mins for him, one lassie had another wee lassie in a chokehold in doorway of Lidl in mcalpine rd, released when she dropped £3 and I stood behind someone in queue who was on the phone to someone about his community service.

As bad as I thought it would be ��

Ghost town.

Interesting day though.

4 loonies going along Seagate looking for a confrontation with anyone who looked in their direction, junkie came in begging to coffee shop I was in, reasonably profitable couple of mins for him, one lassie had another wee lassie in a chokehold in doorway of Lidl in mcalpine rd, released when she dropped £3 and I stood behind someone in queue who was on the phone to someone about his community service.
    How the other half, or maybe three quarters now, live.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)