+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: AFC Wimbledon 25.11.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I think he will go for Rawlo for the extra heading ability over Macari with Baldwin being out - he might still go with Brindley central because of him being better on the ball as the pivot but needs Rawlo for set pieces but tbh the only permutation he won't play is Cameron on the right.
    Brinds proved himself in the centre, but it's not as if he's going to launch attacks from there like Balders or that Rawlo can't play there as well. I think his most use to this squad would be being as good at RB as he was in his run at CB. He's 2 years younger than Rawlo and more nimble. I'm not sure it's a fair ask for Connell to play behind Nemane in all that space in a 3 in a tough L2 away game. Given who they are and their positional histories I do think it's fairer to ask and expect Brinds to do that harder RB job (centre is more of a hiding place where you don't get exposed as much).

Agree with you on the heading. Baldwin heads far more than he's given credit for and we need that covering by Rawlo, who's a bad leaper but willing header of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    He speaks well doesn't he? He's been my favourite player for a while.
    He’s different gravy, I would say he’s our best player and probably by quite a margin.

When you have a player, or players, that have played at a higher level praising the way the club is run, you know things are going in the right direction, and as was said at the fans forum, by influential people at this club, this is the time to jump on the momentum wave.

Tough looking fixture but an intriguing one. Looks a proper test for both sides on a really cold but lovely sunny day.

Safe travels who have all left the comfort of home to travel down.

Will look forward to seeing plenty of pies in an Earlsfield pub

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123