+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January transfer window

January transfer window

Imo I don't think we need too many. Ramsey Moreno are nearly fit again. Maybe cover for Watkins because I'm not sure what's going on with Duran? Maybe Diaby could do a job there? Not sure. I really don't understand why we let Young go. We really could have done with his as cover for cash. Not sure what happened there but we do need a right back. Our 2nd keeper is pooh and I do worry if Luiz Kamara or Mcginn get injured however Luiz and Mcginn did a good job covering Kamara when he got injured last season. I don't think dendonker is adequate cover unless it's for the last 10 minutes and we're winning 3-1.

Upgrade Cash and Olsen, we don’t score many from the right flank.

No sure about upgrade on Cash, I thought the guy was superb in our last home game but back up, yes. Konsa is not a right back. I would like to see another striker but I also think Zaniolo can go back to Italy...

What WCV said, plus a striker, please.

What WCV said and a back up striker please

Types of forwards I'd like us to have are ones similar to Diaby. Fast, and can get in behind and play all across the front 3.

Timo Werner
    Leroy Sane
    Ferran Torres
    Serge Gnabry

If we get Champions League or are certainly more cemented in our top 4 position by January, then any of these would add a whole new dimension to our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    No sure about upgrade on Cash, I thought the guy was superb in our last home game but back up, yes. Konsa is not a right back. I would like to see another striker but I also think Zaniolo can go back to Italy...
    He had a good game against Fulham I agree, but for the minutes he gets and compared to most of the others he isn't what we need to progress.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)