+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Lincoln City v Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Not too sure about that one Nudge. Would today's bench of Flavell, Lopata, Dodgson, Russell, Phillips, Cosgrove,Jalo really walk into the starting line ups of Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, Peterborough ?

May be a bit of a stretch that one.
    IMO - Lopata, Russell, Cosgrove, Jalo would all be in for a good shout of starting.
    I haven’t seen enough of Flavell and Dodgson to judge.
    As for Phillips - I don’t understand what position he plays.
    Is he supposed to be a defensive midfielder or an attacking midfielder - because I don’t see him doing either.
    In fact ……… I don’t see him - full stop.
    He’s the only player that I can remember that’s ever played for Barnsley that after the game has finished yer can’t recall whether he played or not.
    The Invisible Man.
    Has anyone got a bucket full of bandages they can spare ???

Once again abysmal defending cost us today , we have scored two goals away from home which should have been enough for the points but alas our central defenders are so weak & static it is embarrassing , we have no dominance & no leadership , there was no way that last seasons back three would have allowed the opposition a free header like their second goal , they were all rooted to the spot , it was schoolboy at best , the midfield of Connell, Styles & Kane were excellent but all there quality is to no avail when we gift the opposition goals week in and week out & I am afraid until simple basic defending is taught to our rookies you can forget about any challenge this season, I fear january will be too late but we still need an Aiden Flint or Mark Roberts type of defender on the pitch , we need some leaders !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Not too sure about that one Nudge. Would today's bench of Flavell, Lopata, Dodgson, Russell, Phillips, Cosgrove,Jalo really walk into the starting line ups of Bolton, Portsmouth, Derby, Peterborough ?

May be a bit of a stretch that one.
    We conceded three goals at home to Ipswich last season and two of them were real quality , in such circumstances you simply have to factor in the quality , quality they've shown in the championship this season .

The opposition today don't have to do that much to score against us , the difference is as clear as the nose on your face .

Both goals conceded today were horrific , there's nothing in this game for teams who concede in that manner even at this poor level .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Once again abysmal defending cost us today , we have scored two goals away from home which should have been enough for the points but alas our central defenders are so weak & static it is embarrassing , we have no dominance & no leadership , there was no way that last seasons back three would have allowed the opposition a free header like their second goal , they were all rooted to the spot , it was schoolboy at best , the midfield of Connell, Styles & Kane were excellent but all there quality is to no avail when we gift the opposition goals week in and week out & I am afraid until simple basic defending is taught to our rookies you can forget about any challenge this season, I fear january will be too late but we still need an Aiden Flint or Mark Roberts type of defender on the pitch , we need some leaders !!!
    Totally agree about the lack of leaders Shad and I'd even go as far as to say Norwood's influence is missing further up the pitch .

When you can't even replace James Norwood at this level then clearly something isn't working with the recruitment policy .

Cosgrove chases down a defender for the first time since he joined and we think he's turning the corner .

Norwood did that every game and he was way quicker than Cosgrove too .

Other than Macatee the recruitment is embarrassing and even he's not our player .

Nothing to worry about.

We have games in hand and we will make Oakwell a FORTRESS

With our Chairman soon to become in complete control of our beloved club including buying Barnsley FC Oakwell stadium and relocating to Barnsley he will spend an additional £1 million on wages for the second half of the season on some real quality loanees showing his intentions to get us back into the Championship next season and a vision to make us a sustainable Premier league club.
    Last edited by Barnsley Chop; 25-11-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Nothing to worry about.

We have games in hand and we will make Oakwell a FORTRESS

With our Chairman soon to become in complete control of our beloved club including buying Barnsley FC Oakwell stadium and relocating to Barnsley he will spend an additional £1 million on wages for the second half of the season on some real quality loanees showing his intentions to get us back into the Championship next season and a vision to make us a sustainable Premier league club.
    Nice one Chop , what exactly are you drinking buddy ? might have one of what ever it is myself because it must be good stuff !!!

Sack collins he's a 4th rate hc he's not even good enough for this pub lg

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Who would you replace him with GS ?

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    The jury is still out for me with Collins, I am not sure how he can be blamed when he has not been given the tools to do the job , I think Pep would struggle trying to get a tune out of our defence .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    The jury is still out for me with Collins, I am not sure how he can be blamed when he has not been given the tools to do the job , I think Pep would struggle trying to get a tune out of our defence .
    Eventually, gradually, without it being clearly evident to the casual glance, the managed decline in our recruitment policy to buying players from non-league, free agents and loans will have an effect.
    Selling a couple of our relatively experienced players in January to keep the club afloat financially places most of the present team, particularly the defence, right at the beginning of our three year development cycle, after which we sell the better ones.
    It's not hard to see we need to bring in an experienced leader at the heart of the defence in January.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast