+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United Post Match Thoughts

Gulf in class was laughable in the first half. They were streets ahead of us and we were simply dreadful. Crippled by fear every time we went forward. Players were cowardly and timid. Fred's first half performance was almost as bad as Cafu's at Hillsbro. When Odiffin scored, Millers players were too embarrassed to celebrate.

2nd half we were much improved. Played with a bit of spite and occasionally passed the ball well to each other. We deserved a draw in the end

Great point,I thought we showed them too much respect first half,second half we upped our game.Rathbone,Odoffin both my m.o.m.Thought the ref had a good game,no bookings in a local derby that’s something that doesn’t happen very often.

I don't think we were lucky we got the point our performance deserved.

Nombe on his own doesn't work work for me, Hugill is a better choice for that role and he struggles with it.

The team can take heart from that performance

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    No but if you are a new manager into the role it makes sense to keep some of the coaches in place as they know the players. I am disappointed that no new manager 2.5 weeks after Taylor sacked, if interviews are only starting on Monday as someone put on another post It doesn’t make sense unless the plan has always been to see how Carlisle does and then take the cheap option like we did with PW, if he does ok. It would not surprise me if he gets a result at Hull if he gets the job.
    Don't think that was the plan. Everything has had to fit around Big Tone's trip to Timbuktu

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Great point,I thought we showed them too much respect first half,second half we upped our game.Rathbone,Odoffin both my m.o.m.Thought the ref had a good game,no bookings in a local derby that’s something that doesn’t happen very often.
    Rathbone is a strange choice. He ran around energetically, but can't remember him doing much constructively with the ball. One of his fancy touches gave them a break which could have resulted in a goal

Good point in the end. Bramall I'd play left wing back in place of Revan. Got to get 2 up front. Fred either starting or being brought on there. Odoffin outstanding some other solid displays also.

Will the real Rotherham United please stand up? Excellent performance tonight against the best team I've seen at NYS this season. How we hung on the first 30 mins, I'll never know.
    Brilliant second half, one clearance off the line from winning it.
    Roll on next season when we get our Saturday football back.

Sam Nombe is not a target man, and it`s a puzzle why his former Exeter coaches still seem to think he is.
    When Jordan Hugill came on, we started to win a few of Victor`s hoofs down the pitch, and the defence were getting longer to prepare for the next attack.
    The tactic is predictable and costs us possession, especially when Hugill isn`t there to win it.

Despite it's annoyances, the one advantage of a Friday night game is a stress free Saturday

Leeds fans really poor one of the quietist we’ve had down here. Brilliant fan base my arse.
    We battled well all game rode our luck and could have won it. Well done to the players.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast