+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'm not sure

I'm not sure

that Ghodoussi and Ruben tweeting about needing more noise from the crowd is the wisest move?

Bit of a misstep imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    that Ghodoussi and Ruben tweeting about needing more noise from the crowd is the wisest move?

Bit of a misstep imo.
    Unless they are referring to enlarging the ground capacity to enable more loud voices through the turnstiles.

Bit of a misstep imo.
    i agree, the ticketing has been a farce, loyal fans who make the difference have been pushed out to accommodate corporate people, tickets sold on websites to tourists at 10 times the face value etc

this is the one thing they have fecked up since taking over.

The fans are our biggest asset and they have been shlt on

Bit of a misstep imo.
    Listening on radio the atmosphere sounded good? There has been games where it’s quiet though but looks like all grounds are the same,Spurs was quiet today. The standing area hasn’t made any difference then? As for Reuben abnd Ghoudussi, they are right, it can be quiet, but not yesterday?

No, it sounded canny and folk who were there said it was decent.

I would imagine that where they are can be very quiet and maybe they're thinking it's always going to be like the PSG game. There are definitely times when it's too quiet but that's inevitable-if the game's gone flat or the crowd are tense, you're going to have different levels of atmosphere to, say, when we're on the attack or defending for our lives or when the crowd are wound up by something. Anyway, modern football is different, crowds are different and, aye, maybe do need a bit of a kick up the arse at times.

I'm just not sure they're the ones who need to be telling the fans this or even that our crowd need telling, particularly, at the moment?

I think fans are a little too civilised these days…

We sit and applause now when we are see some good play.

Plenty of noise made against the regime in the past, shouting at the awful football we were watching, booing the players and the manager’s substitutions etc…

Now that we love the players, love the style of play, love the manager and love the owners, we just have nothing to shout about

Watching Newcastle on the TV, it seems to me that the stadium makes more noise than any other place in England. Don't see the need to have a sly dig at the fans, even if that is not the intention. Newcastle has one of the best crowds in the world.

Emirates is quite noisy too, but that's only because Arteta's whining is so unbearably loud.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)