+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liam Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Parekh will announce to a whooping, ecstatic audience at the Fans Forum on Monday that we have swooped to reach an understanding in principle with Roberts of a permanent, three year deal from January.

And a nod and a wink to anticipate good news about the players whose contracts or loans run out at the end of this season in summer 2024 according to Transfermarkt---

Williiams
    Cole
    Kane
    Cadden
    McCart
    Cundy
    Dodgson
    Woolfe
    McAtee
    Jalo
    Killip
    Marsh

(Iseka has another year until summer 2025)
    To be fair two of that list are loan playrts & two others are permanent crocks so then the list does not look as bad but I get your point , will the club though ? Doubtful

To be honest they could clear them all out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    To be honest they could clear them all out for me.
    Do you not think Jalo is a truly exciting prospect Poggy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Do you not think Jalo is a truly exciting prospect Poggy ?
    Yes I certainly do Shads sorry I missed that one.
    Let’s give the new director of football a clear canvas.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 01-12-2023 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Extra line

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    To be fair two of that list are loan playrts & two others are permanent crocks so then the list does not look as bad but I get your point , will the club though ? Doubtful
    (I did mention in the pre-amble to the list Shads that these were "players whose contracts or loans run out".)

As you will know it is possible to sign players you have on loan during a transfer window if the parent club agrees and it has happened to us in the past that loan players have been sold by parent clubs to other clubs.

I put out the list because I was surprised how many present first team players are due to end their contracts next June 2024. The clamour has all been to get Cole to extend or sign a new contract but there are others the owners need to sort out.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    (I did mention in the pre-amble to the list Shads that these were "players whose contracts or loans run out".)

As you will know it is possible to sign players you have on loan during a transfer window if the parent club agrees and it has happened to us in the past that loan players have been sold by parent clubs to other clubs.

I put out the list because I was surprised how many present first team players are due to end their contracts next June 2024. The clamour has all been to get Cole to extend or sign a new contract but there are others the owners need to sort out.
    I agree with your point & we would all like us to sign Roberts on a permanent & extending Jallo , Cadden ,Kane & Williams should be a priority , lets hope the suits down at Grove street get their fingers out but I am not holding my breath .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12