+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Wycombe Wanderers

Very poor performance for 60 minutes. Cosgrove then made a difference with his physical presence which is what's needed against these sorts of teams. If ever there was a match to tinker with the starting line up this was it and Cosgrove should have started. We were unlucky with the penalty and the sending off for the assault on De Gevigney but we kept going and were given a goal. 3 points against a team like this has to be good however you get it. Defence played ok tonight bearing in mind the physicality they were up against. Match is best forgotten though and we move on 3 points better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    RUBBISH.
    It’s slow and it’s boring.
    Moving the ball forward is taking 3,4 or 5 touches before the ball is sent towards the strikers - by that time their defence are organised and stood waiting for the ball.
    We are making hard work of this.

On the plus side Harry Boyes has a nice hair cut - obviously as he goes to the same hairdresser / barber as I do 😊
    2nd Half
    Forget about the result - it was a better 2nd Half.
    Totally transformed - as was at Lincoln - when we went from 3-5-2 to a 3-4-3 - we look a totally different team.

Absolutely battered Wycombe 2nd Half when we changed formation.
    We need to have a flat 3 at the front.
    Ball was released much earlier with 3 strikers - and as soon as we had 3 strikers we created chance after chance.

So why why why isn’t Collins seeing this !?!?!
    We ended up getting a lucky goal when we could have been out of sight by half time.
    It’s totally frustrating.
    Collins has to go.

Very poor indeed but we deserved it just because of Wycombe's time wasting tactics which in the end produced the winning goal.
    Worth a watching the very very short highlights just to see that.

Surely the HC has learned something from his starting eleven tonight.

Styles needs to be let go now at the January cut price sale and settle for a big sell on clause should ever that mature later on in his career.

Cosgrove did well when he came on and should have started against these. Missed with one chance but a cert pen turned down with a push on him.

Very poor entertainment, in conclusion we are going nowhere anytime soon.

Got a touch there with the goal for sure,
    Better from 65 minutes onwards and I think we deserved it tb honest
    Too many abject performances though overall tonight
    Styles is not worth a start anymore
    Cadden, cotter, Williams, Cole n herbie all poor tonight
    I like to praise Mcatee tonight though
    He ran his blood t water

https://twitter.com/footballheaven/s...9mW6EN5FA&s=19

Collins on radio Sheffield link above, what a great quote from him "we have to be careful with the way the games going with VAR they are pausing things and slowing things down and you have to remember it's a contact sport"
    Neil you also have to remember there is no VAR in league One...muppet!

Sounds like a shocker of a game. We haven’t got the craft to open up teams at home and then finish them off.

We’ll done on the late goal and 3 points though, I was concerned this opposition might be too physical for us.

A weeks test now before Blacky away in the tin pot cup.

Collins still not learning
    he's definitely not a lg1 hc
    get rid now

Cracks, papers, over.

On a bitterly cold night there was hardly anything on show to warm you up ,it was indeed a very poor game but at least justice was done in the end & the 3 points went to the right team , Wycombes spoiling tactics finally undid them , they were continually doing everything to stop the game & it backfired with the goal which in my opinion was the correct decision , at the time watching live I wasn"t sure but when I came home & watched the re run the keeper dropped the ball after minimum contact & paid the price . The bright notes for me were the performances of Connel who was excellent , Cadden in the first half especially put some great crosses in & was our only real outlet & Jalo with his cameo performance , the visitors managed to kick lumps out of him but on a couple of occasions he showed great skill & left defenders on their backsides , overall though it was poor fare but welcome points .

That pass from Styles in the first half that went out of play did for me last night and I'd had enough , final straw of half n hour of complete tripe .

If Styles wants away then fine , knock thi sen art but at least play well to get away and we all benefit .

Every time he comes back from international duty this is what he's like , spoilt child syndrome and entitlement .

Tha had a good season at LWB under Val and as far as a midfielder is concerned the jury is still out in my opinion .

Whether the lunatics upstairs are telling Collins he's got to play so we can sell him in January I wouldn't bet against .

Wants dropping for me , not worth a shirt based on what he's giving us .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast