+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Out of contract May 2024

Out of contract May 2024

Who you keeping and who you binning ?

Player Age
    Mark Birighitti 32
    Louise Moult 31
    Criag Sibbald 28
    Kevin Holt 30
    Scott Mcmann 27
    Kieran Freeman 23
    Archie Meekison 21
    Ross Graham 22
    Declan Glass 23
    Chris Mochrie 20
    Flynn Duffy 20
    Mathew Cudjoe 20
    Sadat Anakue 22

i'd be quite ruthless and based on age and If i think they can step up i'd keep

Louise Moult,Criag Sibbald,Kevin Holt,Scott Mcmann,Chris Mochrie

and bin

Mark Birighitti-obviously
    Kieran Freeman-not good enough
    Archie Meekison- physically not upto it, always injured
    Ross Graham- not good enough
    Declan Glass- age+physically not upto it
    Flynn Duffy-not good enough
    Mathew Cudjoe- dont think he will quite make it
    Sadat Anakue-who ?

Moult & Mochrie.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Moult & Mochrie.
    lol thought i was being ruthless

I think a lot will come down to which league we are playing in next season to be honest. And I don't know if we are assuming that all of the players mentioned will want a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    lol thought i was being ruthless
    😂

Thing is, if we go up, who is good enough? The same boys who took us down last season? And if we don't go up, do they deserve to stay? That's what I've based it on. Sibbald, McMann, Holt, they're just average journeyman footballers who I think we can do better than if we go up. Graham I'd possibly keep as back up. Should we not go up, then no one deserves to stay other than Moult and Mochrie (who is a work in progress with potential).

The Clown - Would love him to be gotten tae feck in January
    Louis Moult - New 2 year deal
    Craig Sibbald - New 3 year deal
    Kevin Holt - New 2 year deal
    Scott McMann - Really dont know as he is currently one of our best players, and while he was out of position last season, i still cannot forget some of the displays he put in. New 2 year deal if he can keep up the good work.
    Kieran Freeman - Shadow of the player i thought he was. Forfar, Montrose, Brechin bound.
    Archie Meekison - Need to see more before i commit, but minded to follow the consensus that he is too soft.
    Declan Glass - You cannot deny the laddie has talent and has displayed that this season, but only if he has the support on the field behind him. Not strong enough to drive us forward without that support.
    Chris Mochrie - Would give him another 2/3 year deal if he gets consistent game time and uses it well enough, but not on superstar wages.
    Flynn Duffy - Not seen enough of him to form an opinion, but he does seem to be part of a missing generation of United youth who dont have the ability to make it.
    Mathew Cudjoe - Off the boil just now, and while he has something, he isnt proving good enough to be worthy of the contract negotiations i believe he is going through.
    Sadat Anaku - Spectacular Asghar failure who should be sent back home with a pocket full of compensation.

Ross Graham - I think this is one guy who is a victim of our circumstances over the last few seasons. He broke through as an able deputy to Mulgrew with an able mentor beside him. As it all unravelled last season, he had no chance to develop in the system employed and lack of chances given. Is he too quiet on the park though? New 2/3 year deal?

While not on the list as contracted to 2025(?), Tony Watts tenure here needs to be looked at. This is a guy who is reported to be on a good wedge for not enough return. The sad thing is we do see flashes of what he is capable of, but we need a better return.

Player Age
    Mark Birighitti 32
    Louise Moult 31
    Criag Sibbald 28
    Kevin Holt 30
    Scott Mcmann 27
    Kieran Freeman 23
    Archie Meekison 21
    Ross Graham 22
    Declan Glass 23
    Chris Mochrie 20
    Flynn Duffy 20
    Mathew Cudjoe 20
    Sadat Anakue 22
    Louise ?

Player Age
    Mark Birighitti 32
    Louise Moult 31
    Criag Sibbald 28
    Kevin Holt 30
    Scott Mcmann 27
    Kieran Freeman 23
    Archie Meekison 21
    Ross Graham 22
    Declan Glass 23
    Chris Mochrie 20
    Flynn Duffy 20
    Mathew Cudjoe 20
    Sadat Anakue 22
    I was thinking about this the other day

Now is the time that we need to be addressing this - don’t even know who at the club would be responsible for this anymore

Hopefully JG can take some long term decisions

Done this before looking at other responses

Mark Birighitti 32 - bye bye

Louis Moult 31 - definitely sign up

Craig Sibbald 28 - definite

Kevin Holt 30 - definite

Scott Mcmann 27 - yes on this seasons improvement

Kieran Freeman 23 - he’s a no bad understudy. He has been good in the Prem and has fallen off this year. If cheap could keep

Archie Meekison 21 - still got potential

Ross Graham 22 - still young for a centre half

Declan Glass 23 - better this season and should stay

Chris Mochrie 20- great potential

Flynn Duffy 20 - JG doesn’t fancy him so it’s goodbye

Mathew Cudjoe 20 - yes to sign up, does have some ability and still young

Sadat Anaku - bye bye Happy
    Last edited by LSArab; 28-11-2023 at 10:53 PM.

This is going to depend on how Mark Ogren approaches it. He zipped the wallet shut as the ship was sinking and imo Jim Goodwin has done a great job so far turning a losing team into a winning team on what is rumoured to have been an extremely tight budget.

If we stay down we'll need to strengthen because the league will be tougher next season. If we go up we'll have to seriously strengthen just to achieve mid table safety, probably something we'd all take right now in our first season back.

January hasn't often been a happy hunting ground for us maybe that can change if the budget is available. Problem there is can you persuade Premier standard players to join a club that might not get promoted. Otherwise we'd face another busy summer preparing for an August kick off to a new Premiership campaign. What's different this time is I trust the manager to already be identifying his targets now and will hopefully get them in to give us a chance of blending a team before the season kicks off.

I'm going to wait a bit before commenting on the Mochries Grahams etc and see where we are at the end of January.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)