+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Crawley Town FC 28.11.23 [EFL L2]

Lots of Notts managers didn't get us relegated, many of them awful. I suppose that is an achievement of sorts most did not complete a full season. Which was the Notts County way.

Like many I am just enjoying being so close to the holy grail as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Lots of Notts managers didn't get us relegated, many of them awful. I suppose that is an achievement of sorts most did not complete a full season. Which was the Notts County way.

Like many I am just enjoying being so close to the holy grail as described above.
    I'm sure we are not the only club who sacks poor/ rubbish managers...!? I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't forget steam. They need to get a bit more steam, he said 3 times that they ran out of it.
    Or Notts just had better fitness and more desire to win.

I always thought that was the disadvantage of playing away from home, the travelling! Maybe they might get accustomed to it.?

You are not wrong. All clubs. Us more than the average I strongly suspect.

Certainly makes not getting a club relegated even less of an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Steve Thompson got us relegated from League One, finishing bottom, with several players who demonstrated, before and afterwards, that they were capable of performing far better. Steve Finnan for one. Thompson's football was putrid to watch, and he wasn't the only former Notts manager who seemed to forget that people go to football matches to be entertained.

I'll grant you that few (if any) fans complained about the entertainment value of Neil Warnock and Sam Allardyce's teams, despite both managers preferring a direct(ish) style, but right now we're pretty much achieving the Holy Grail: fantastically attractive football that's also winning a very high percentage of games.
    MY late wife hated coming to watch Notts under Allardyce - she said it was too boring. I would pick and chose games that we could get to (we lived in Newport at the time) and would be tolerable to her.

My current partner hates football, but comes to watch Notts because of the entertaining style. We have been to more games in the last 12 months than we managed in 6 years in Cardiff. It's experiences like these which means we have bigger gates in L2 than we got in Division 1.

Steve Thompson got us relegated from League One, finishing bottom, with several players who demonstrated, before and afterwards, that they were capable of performing far better. Steve Finnan for one.
    The Murphy/Thompson combo were sacked before Christmas. Allardyce had enough games left to stave off relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    MY late wife hated coming to watch Notts under Allardyce - she said it was too boring. I would pick and chose games that we could get to (we lived in Newport at the time) and would be tolerable to her.

My current partner hates football, but comes to watch Notts because of the entertaining style. We have been to more games in the last 12 months than we managed in 6 years in Cardiff. It's experiences like these which means we have bigger gates in L2 than we got in Division 1.
    I felt like that under Nolan, was just starting to take my daughter and trying to get her into it and I felt embarrassed to what we were watching, luckily she stuck with it and eventually was rewarded at Wembley.
    Under Warnock I never thought it was terrible as he did have some ball players and obviously they were good times.

Steve Thompson got us relegated from League One, finishing bottom, with several players who demonstrated, before and afterwards, that they were capable of performing far better. Steve Finnan for one. Thompson's football was putrid to watch, and he wasn't the only former Notts manager who seemed to forget that people go to football matches to be entertained.

I'll grant you that few (if any) fans complained about the entertainment value of Neil Warnock and Sam Allardyce's teams, despite both managers preferring a direct(ish) style, but right now we're pretty much achieving the Holy Grail: fantastically attractive football that's also winning a very high percentage of games.
    Steve Thompson didnt get us relegated when he was the Manager. He was sacked in August by JAH, because he had previous history with him..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Steve Thompson didnt get us relegated when he was the Manager. He was sacked in August by JAH, because he had previous history with him..
    Didn't JAH also hire Thompson though?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast