+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Times Article on Notts' Short Corners

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    We need to get out of the division quickly then.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Swale.
    I wonder if the author could do a similar piece on our poor defending?
    Positive press, and impressive coach and great winning football. What is it you prefer? Colin Murphy? Turgid high ball kick it and head it stuff? Never getting a mention in the press other than how many we were beaten by? I am loving our current status and attention and long may it last. Don't quite get the misery some serm to prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    What a brilliant article and makes you really proud to have LW as our manager.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    You have to imagine LW has been in some coaching teams that have pinpointed defending corners as a way to launch attacks.

If corner takers put it in the keeper's hands or CB's head with 6 or 7 of the opposition's players close to the goalline, the better coaches are going to see that as an opportunity to exploit.

Many teams became very adept at turning defence (of corners) into rapid counter-attacks. If you've coached to do that, I think it'd be the last thing you want to inflict on yourself. So keep the ball, extend your possession and overall in-play time, and don't play into the other team's hands.
    Excellent point. Don’t do what the opponent you to do

Never mind any of that. I’m amazed 1 in every 10 corners isn’t short…..I must have somehow missed most of those.

I liked tha analogy that LW pointed out at the forum, take the corner as quick and as short as we can, a traditional corner gives the opposition time for a breather , so a quick one doesnt allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    Positive press, and impressive coach and great winning football. What is it you prefer? Colin Murphy? Turgid high ball kick it and head it stuff? Never getting a mention in the press other than how many we were beaten by? I am loving our current status and attention and long may it last. Don't quite get the misery some serm to prefer.
    I knew I should have left the smiley face at the end.
    Having a successful attacking corner regime and a top notch defensive corner set up are not mutually exclusive.
    I’ll put it down to you replying late at night.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    I knew I should have left the smiley face at the end.
    Having a successful attacking corner regime and a top notch defensive corner set up are not mutually exclusive.
    I’ll put it down to you replying late at night.
    Sorry, just so 😊

Quote Originally Posted by ajojones View Post
    sorry, just so ��
    ok

So grateful for William's entertaining and informative monologue and the independent Times article on the same subject.

Basically pipe down armchair experts. We know what we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    I liked tha analogy that LW pointed out at the forum, take the corner as quick and as short as we can, a traditional corner gives the opposition time for a breather , so a quick one doesnt allow that.
    I just wish that referees would enable us to take corners quickly. Too often the opposition try to slow things down by various means and the ref lets them get away with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12