+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NHS

The NHS

That's a few times talk of a two tier system has been raised in Scotland in recent years, they're maybe saying no just now but that'll change in my opinion. Is it savable? Not a hope in hell in it's current form, forget the two tier idea and scrap free prescriptions, free doctors appointments and hand out life saving treatments only, and then maybe it has a chance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-67566310

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    That's a few times talk of a two tier system has been raised in Scotland in recent years, they're maybe saying no just now but that'll change in my opinion. Is it savable? Not a hope in hell in it's current form, forget the two tier idea and scrap free prescriptions, free doctors appointments and hand out life saving treatments only, and then maybe it has a chance.

They never state what "wealthy" is in articles like this......but that's a side issue

I don't see how something is fantastic if you have to wait years for treatment just because it's free at the point of delivery.

We pay a helluva lot of money for a fairly poor service in this country.

So many more countries have systems that have better outcomes for patients.

Well documented on here em no a fan of the NHS and the almost religious worship of it.

It would take a politician with a monumental vision to tackle the subject.

We have none, we will keep pumping more and more money into a failing or failed system for the foreseeable

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post

Is scrapping the free prescriptions and charging for doctors appointments a good idea ?
    The only people who will have to pay for these , are the ones who are paying for the nhs now through their taxes
    To me it would be like buying a season ticket for dens and having to pay a tenner at the turnstile so the so called poor could get in for free

Quote Originally Posted by Mainlanddee View Post
    Is scrapping the free prescriptions and charging for doctors appointments a good idea ?
    The only people who will have to pay for these , are the ones who are paying for the nhs now through their taxes
    To me it would be like buying a season ticket for dens and having to pay a tenner at the turnstile so the so called poor could get in for free
    To try and cut costs and save the NHS aye I do think it's a good idea or at least limit what's available on free prescriptions, this minor ailments thing is a disgrace, the NHS isn't designed to buy folks sticking plasters. Small fee let's say £2 for a doctors appointment and 50p for each item on the prescription as a start.

That would fine if every single person had to pay it , but reckon most would be exempt, so those already paying for it through their taxes, would be the only ones paying it , would be easier just putting a penny on income tax

UK is currently in 34th place in world health index

Think if Scotland was taken in isolation we wud be a lot lower

Hardly a system the rest of the world should be jealous of.

That would fine if every single person had to pay it , but reckon most would be exempt, so those already paying for it through their taxes, would be the only ones paying it , would be easier just putting a penny on income tax
    Aye I mean across the board, for adults anyway. The reason so they said for free prescriptions was the expense of means testing which I understand well 50p would prevent that cost.

There is no guarantee that the putting a penny on Scottish income tax would guarantee that the taxation raised was ploughed into NHS Scotland.
    It is more likely to be squandered on SNP and Greens Scottish Government Ministers ‘pet projects’.
    One of the problems with NHS Scotland is that they adopt a ‘one size, fits all’ instead of health being tailored to the needs of different parts of Scotland.
    I will give you an example of a NHS Scotland announcement which is a ‘one size, fits all’.
    There is a NHS Scotland letter on the noticeboard in my local GP surgery on Islay
    It states that if people have problems with their eyes they must not contact their GP surgery but instead contact their own optician or the optician on Islay who is based in Oban and only travels to Islay for appointments once every four weeks.
    I mentioned to the receptionist in my GP surgery that the NHS Scotland letter about people on Islay having eye problems was no use as there is no permanent optician based on Islay.
    The receptionist replied that everyone on Islay knows this.
    I replied “What about the thousands of tourists who come to Islay for a holiday throughout the year. What are they going to do if they suffer eye problems on holiday”.
    This is why NHS Scotland is a shambles because the well paid bosses are clueless what happens outside the central belt of Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    UK is currently in 34th place in world health index

Think if Scotland was taken in isolation we wud be a lot lower

Hardly a system the rest of the world should be jealous of.
    The druggies should be paying for their daily slug of methadone which would soon encourage them to get clean instead of having NHS Scotland funded drug consumption rooms in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The druggies should be paying for their daily slug of methadone which would soon encourage them to get clean instead of having NHS Scotland funded drug consumption rooms in Glasgow.
    Yeah, that'll work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)