+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds fans booing Bamford coming on

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Storm in a tea cup brin.

It's got something to do with a pod cast he did last week where he apparently laughed at a question regarding last season's relegation which has ruffled a few of the snowflakes , the boos were soon drowned out though.

Booing your own is not on even if some players do tend to bring it on themselves at times.

Swap him for your goalie
    Rev72, thanks for the reply. Thing is though that's about three games I've watched on Leeds and his appearance, which of late is always a sub, still gets the boos so it sounds like he's the flavour of the month for the boo boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    Yep, win win win situation. Victor for Bumfluff and we’ll pay for his taxi to the NYS. We’ll throw in Firpo (Left back) for nowt as well ��
    Pacaman, by all accounts and the rumour mill is beginning to gather pace, Viktor is apparently top of Leeds list for January.

Viktor owes us nothing and will leave us with his head held high, when he joins a much bigger club than ours and rightly so as he has proven himself by input, effort, commitment to our club signing a new contract when he could have run his old one down, in essence a true great professional person we will always hold dear and think highly of.

I would fully expect there to be a bidding war for him. he had the highest stats over all keepers last season in the Championship and to date his effort and performance hasn't dropped, if anything it's got better. Whoever gets his services will have a diamond in their hands.

So go on send us Bamford and 5 Mill and you just might land him. As much as Patrick has lost his way with some Leeds fans, I still think he's a great player. Not sure if you've seen much of Viktor playing, if so what's your valuation on him?

I think Bamford has lost value in the market and is hitting his twilight years but could still command a 2-3 Mill fee.

I don’t think Patrick Bamford,s salary requirements would be anywhere near our wage structure

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I don’t think Patrick Bamford,s salary requirements would be anywhere near our wage structure
    Every player has to realise, eventually at 30 years of age, they have to cut their cloth accordingly if seeking a new contract and wage.
    Not saying Bamford is coming anywhere near us, just stating facts pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Every player has to realise, eventually at 30 years of age, they have to cut their cloth accordingly if seeking a new contract and wage.
    Not saying Bamford is coming anywhere near us, just stating facts pal.
    We already have one CF who's career has fallen off a cliff and I fear PB would be another one, but without the OCD around adjusting his hair and socks

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    We already have one CF who's career has fallen off a cliff and I fear PB would be another one, but without the OCD around adjusting his hair and socks
    CAM, I for one don't agree. I think Bamford has at least another 2-3 years left in him. Sometimes a player needs to move on and start again to
    regain his form and start delivering again, this is where Bamford is now. He is a very intelligent player who knows how to score, sometimes with deadly accuracy. He still has it in his locker, shame we can't sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, I for one don't agree. I think Bamford has at least another 2-3 years left in him. Sometimes a player needs to move on and start again to
    regain his form and start delivering again, this is where Bamford is now. He is a very intelligent player who knows how to score, sometimes with deadly accuracy. He still has it in his locker, shame we can't sign him.
    I really like him but he doesn't seem the same player since his injury and long layoff. Certainly not a gamble I think we can afford.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12