+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prostrate cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'd like to think that isn't the case.....but I do think women's health takes a bit more priority in Scotland

Think black men are higher risk of prostate cancer.

But it takes so many too in the prime of life.

Breast screening must have saved tens of thousands since it's Inception.

Why I bring it up is the advert on TV that says you are entitled to a blood test if over 50......the reality seems to be very different.
    I have never been offered a blood test for protest cancer since I became 50 years old.
    However since my 50th birthday I have received a bowel cancer test kit which is easy to use.
    My GP surgery in Dundee was one of the pilot surgeries for men and women aged 50 and over to receive a bowel cancer test kit before it was later rolled out throughout the whole of Scotland.

when i get my blood pressure checked yearly they also check bloods for kidney/liver etc 2 years ago i asked that seeing as they were checking could they do the prostate blood test at same time. no problem they just took an extra bit of blood,so id agree that it appears its best to ask.

as an aside id asked S M when he was at dens that it could be a good idea to try and get the dogs in(the ones that detect prostate cancer) could possibly have been done on a matchday as a certain turnstyle,the dogs are like drug dogs and just sit down when they sniff a possible cancer case.

However batted out the park was that idea

I phoned my doctors surgery (before the Covid outbreak) about a test for Prostate Cancer, was told a nurse would call me back to set up an appointment.....still waiting on the ph call.

Quote Originally Posted by davydook View Post
    I phoned my doctors surgery (before the Covid outbreak) about a test for Prostate Cancer, was told a nurse would call me back to set up an appointment.....still waiting on the ph call.
    Dosent surprise me

Last year i was having a pint in my local when i met a friend whom i had not seen for a long time.
    He said he had prostrate cancer and was having a few pints before starting a treatment program for the cancer.

It was on my mind all night, i phoned my surgery and eventually i managed to speak to my doctor and told him the story regarding my friends
    cancer treatment , plus the fact that it was 11 years since i had my last prostrate check.
    The docter said come and see me tomorrow morning 9am, and i received a check and blood test.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Last year i was having a pint in my local when i met a friend whom i had not seen for a long time.
    He said he had prostrate cancer and was having a few pints before starting a treatment program for the cancer.

It was on my mind all night, i phoned my surgery and eventually i managed to speak to my doctor and told him the story regarding my friends
    cancer treatment , plus the fact that it was 11 years since i had my last prostrate check.
    The docter said come and see me tomorrow morning 9am, and i received a check and blood test.
    Lucky lad

Never take prostrate cancer lying down

Stand up to prostate cancer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)